This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    This question is a little clin d'oeil to our dear amateur51 as a belated round-number birthday hommage (see his question earlier in this round):

What S is a member of a tribute to Devon’s famous Elizabethan miniature scion, might be seen racing up & down the motorways of England and directs famous marches in a brassy style?

(Just popping out for 40 minutes...)
    Merci pour le clin d'oeil, mon brave ...

Est-ce que Stobart?

Eddie Stobart doing the driving?

James Stobart doing the directing?

And Abby Stobart at http://www.medtheatre.co.uk/?

Comment

Sarah ? (occasionally of the Hilliard)

Comment

Isn't there a Bryan Stobart involved with brass bands and Salvation Army? (I was out all day yesterday from first light, day at the seaside, have pages to read through, you were all very busy yesterday!)

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Merci pour le clin d'oeil, mon brave ...

Est-ce que Stobart?

Eddie Stobart doing the driving?

James Stobart doing the directing?

Yes, le grand Stobart! Happy answering and new decade, old chum!!

(When seeing your N earlier in the weekend, I thought: I'll see your Norbert and raise you a good old English Eddie!! Glad I got the S !! )

James S, director of the Locke Brass Ensemble

And mercia has completed the trio with Sarah, soprano soloist and Hilliard member!

T for You, amms!

Anna - were you thinking of James? I was. Yes we were ding donging away like billy-oh yesterday! Hope you had a nice day
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Anna - were you thinking of James? I was. Yes we were ding donging away like billy-oh yesterday! Hope you had a nice day
            Lovely day, down The Mumbles and Craswell Bay, came home with sand between my toes, full of fish and chiips and ice cream!

Comment

Cor! Good joint effort team! And clever stuff, Caliban

So ... What T might connect:

a) a contemporary part-American composer of a millennium of positive karma;

b) a loosely-structured medley of vegetables;

c) the Eastern cosmos; and

d) the composer of another contemporary peace for grand orchestra?

Comment

out of interest, does the Hilliard vary in personnel? looking on their website there's just four chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                  Lovely day, down The Mumbles and Craswell Bay, came home with sand between my toes, full of fish and chiips and ice cream!
                  aaaah good to know that epicureans thrive in South-East Wales

Sounds dee-vine, Anna

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    aaaah good to know that epicureans thrive in South-East Wales

Sounds dee-vine, Anna
                    Ams, it was a very superior fish and chips! Seriously, you cannot have a day at the seaside without it and a 99 with a flake! That's what seasides are all about, hedonistic pleasure!

Comment

Ams, it was a very superior fish and chips! Seriously, you cannot have a day at the seaside without it and a 99 with a flake! That's what seasides are all about, hedonistic pleasure!
                      I do love fish and chips - I had my first plateful og 2012 on Friday at a newly-enlarged old fave, The Golden Hind in Marylebone Lane.

The place was snithing with punters happily munching and would-be punters anxiuosly waiting, but as a singleton I slipped in very promptly

A huge piece of haddock was lightly battered, just enough to let the fish steam to a milky done-ness; chip, mushy peas and gherkin were AOK too but the fish is the thing

Comment

Especially in mid-January!!

I love winter seascapes and faded resorts out of season, don't get me wrong, but it's brave to get sand between the toes. Did you paddle? I know about the Gulf stream but...
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Especially in mid-January!!

I love winter seascapes and faded resorts out of season, don't get me wrong, but it's brave to get sand between the toes. Did you paddle? I know about the Gulf stream but...
                          Of course I threw off my shoes and paddled, it was like a Summer's day (or what passes for a Summer's Day in Wales) and when I had the 99 with a flake I remembered your description of how you used to eat one ..... and giggled! And, excuse me, The Mumbles is not a faded resort, nor is Craswell!

Edit: I am looking at the new puzzle, honestly!
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-01-12, 16:34. Reason: extra thought

Comment

Don't suppose you got a Tan, Anna?
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                              Don't suppose you got a Tan, Anna?
                              well ferney, there is a Tang Kim Qiao and Vegetable Vendor, but so far not been able to tie that up with anything else. It is quite haunting music though, do you know it?

Comment

well ferney, there is a Tang Kim Qiao and Vegetable Vendor, but so far not been able to tie that up with anything else. It is quite haunting music though, do you know it?
                                Alas, not.

I was thinking on the lines:

Tan Dun: A World Symphony for the Millennium
                                the Gei Tan, a sort of Chinese planetarium
                                Tansy Davies (various works for large orchestra: Wild Card, Tilting, Rift, Streamline)

... and Wan Tan? (Didn't quite get the veg medley!)
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X