This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    I think Anna's right: Anton earned the N!
    I suspect anton did not realise and just went walkabout. Meanwhile, shall we talk among ourselves? I won't be around this evening, I intend to watch the repeat of Sherlock and Baskerville Hound 7pm BBC3 then a friend is coming round. When I watched it I wasn't really paying attention and thought the episode just didn't work, others may think differently. What's everyone else doing this evening (just being nosy about the lives others lead away from this MB!) all glued to Castor & Pollux or out on the razz or fine wining and dining in a chi-chi restaurant?
    Last edited by Guest; 14-01-12, 19:05. Reason: check R3 schedules it's Rameau not the Met!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      I suspect anton did not realise and just went walkabout. Meanwhile, shall we talk among ourselves? I won't be around this evening, I intend to watch the repeat of Sherlock and Baskerville Hound 7pm BBC3 then a friend is coming round. When I watched it I wasn't really paying attention and thought the episode just didn't work, others may think differently. What's everyone else doing this evening (just being nosy about the lives others lead away from this MB!) all glued to The Met or out on the razz or fine wining and dining in a chi-chi restaurant?
      Neither razz not chi-chi... Been out too much this week, staying in on this freezing night, I hope to watch at least the first episode of DROOD from last week
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        What's everyone else doing this evening (just being nosy about the lives others lead away from this MB!) all glued to The Met or out on the razz or fine wining and dining in a chi-chi restaurant?
        ... well, after a nice lunch (salmon and baby potatoes and an interesting 2007 chilean chardonnay... ) I won't need more guzzling or swilling... I'll try the R3 ENO Castor et Pollux but I suspect I won't be able to take the Englishing of it. Nothing on the telly. I think I'll go back to my current read: de Quincey The English Mail Coach. And early beddy-bies...

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Neither razz not chi-chi... Been out too much this week, staying in on this freezing night, I hope to watch at least the first episode of DROOD from last week
          Rather nice isn't it, on a Saturday night, all warm and cosy, feet up, cat on lap, and good telly (perhaps some chocolate?) and shut the outside world away! What exciting lives we lead! And it's freezing outside, gritters already been round. I hope you enjoy Drood, Telegraph only gave it 3 stars for episode 2!
          Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
          Nothing on the telly. I think I'll go back to my current read: de Quincey The English Mail Coach. And early beddy-bies...
          Oh vints, you are a Superior Being, no mistake! Do you have a teddy for beddy?

Comment

A dram of The Macallan and two hours of Borgen for me.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

The Macallan

A dram ... two hours of Borgen

A dram in two hours?! You are a model of self restraint, Sir, or a liar, Sir!!!

"...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Sorry for my walkabout - I have returned and will have an N soon I hope........................

Comment

Which N

Fascinated a Canadian Herbert
                  Was a 17th Century forerunner of Lord Rumpole of Caliban
                  Backed Marl and Viv and Dick and Liz

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Which N

Fascinated a Canadian Herbert
                    Was a 17th Century forerunner of Lord Rumpole of Caliban
                    Backed Marl and Viv and Dick and Liz
                    Is the N or are any of the answers musical, anton?

Comment

The N is not itself musical but all the clues to some extent are.......

Comment

The N is not itself musical but all the clues to some extent are.......
                        Would the fascinated Canadian Herbert be Glenn Herbert Gould who seemed to spend quite a bit of time exploring Newfoundland?

Comment

It would indeed be GG but the N is not Newfoundland.....

Comment

It would indeed be GG but the N is not Newfoundland.....
                            YAY!@GG

Apparently he was fascinated by Petula Clark

Comment

Gleen Herbert Gould was fascinated by the North

Alex North wrote the music for the film of A Streetcar Named Desire starring Marlon Brando and Vivien Leigh

He also wrote the music for the films Cleopatra and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, both starring Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor

Comment

Roger North was a bit of a Rumpole in olden times.

Comment

Working...
                                X