X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game set and match to Ams and his able assistant Anna...........O you are good!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Roger North was a bit of a Rumpole in olden times.
      Yayyy Anna!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        I am no assistant to Ams I would have you know! Roger North did practice at the bar, helped by his elder brother Francis North, who became lord chancellor. In 1684 he became Solicitor-General to the Duke of York. Not a lot of people know that I'm listening to RVW Sea Symphony at the mo, as recommended by our very own Rumpole!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          Nice puzzle, anton

What O connects a rather cultivated Korean War doctor

A Northern chanteuse famous for her avian wall decorations

A chart-topping instrumentalist favourite on Roger’s rival?

Comment

Ogden?
            David Ogden Stiers played Dr Charles Winchester im M*A*S*H , Hilda Ogden had ducks on her wall, and I seem to remember an album called Ogden's Old Nut Flake or something similar. (Ogden's Nut Gone Flake by the Small Faces?)

Comment

Is this to do with MASH I wonder (Korean War wasn't it?) No matter, will see in the morn!
              Edit: Too Slow! Norfy, and his Corrie links, got there!

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                Ogden?
                David Ogden Stiers played Dr Charles Winchester im M*A*S*H , Hilda Ogden had ducks on her wall, and I seem to remember an album called Ogden's Old Nut Flake or something similar. (Ogden's Nut Gone Flake by the Small Faces?)
                Good work, Norfs!

The chart-topper is guitarist Craig Ogden and his album topped CFM's charts for aaaaages

Can we have a P please, Norfs?

Comment

Of course ...but tomorrow morning, if that's OK. Time for a cup of drinking chocolate, Brain of Britain and Poetry Please.
                  Bonne nuit, tout le monde!

Comment

Of course ...but tomorrow morning, if that's OK. Time for a cup of drinking chocolate, Brain of Britain and Poetry Please.
                    Bonne nuit, tout le monde!
                    Oh Thank Goodness, Norfs!

Nitey night y'all

Comment

Time for a cup of drinking chocolate, Brain of Britain and Poetry Please.
                      Wanna adopt an Orphan? Only joking

Comment

Wanna adopt an Orphan? Only joking

Another Ward for Chancery????

Phew... no work to do here on AA... the lure of the hot chocolate too strong for the victorious NB

Just looking in having watched both episodes of Drood.... Maybe we can swap notes tomorrow Anna, and anyone else who watched*

*Just remembered there's a separate thread about it which I didn't yet read thoroughly due to spoilers. Will put some views there, rather that commit an even more egrewgious hijack of AA than usual
                        Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 15-01-12, 01:05.
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Which 'P' links compositions that start off by featuring a character in a long-running musical comedy, a plea for mercy and a trip on the water?

Comment

Getting nowhere fast. Is the long-running musical comedy currently being staged in the UK?

Comment

Getting nowhere fast. Is the long-running musical comedy currently being staged in the UK?
                              Fine question, Anna; and is the trip a short journey or a bit of a stumble?

I think we should be told!

Comment

The musical comedy in question ran for over 600 performances in the 1920s. The most recent revival I can find was in 2008.
                                'Trip' means a short journey, and you're looking for the means of taking it.
                                The linking 'P' is an adjective.

Comment

Working...
                                X