This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Of course it is, Songs of Innocence and Experience (1794) Honestly, I did point out the answer was William at 11.30pm last night! It's not just Caliban who is a bit slow!
    Akshally, dearest one, Innocence was 1789 and Experience (as befits) came later in 1794

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
      Akshally, dearest one, Innocence was 1789 and Experience (as befits) came later in 1794
      As usual My Learned Friend is correct and I will withdraw my evidence as being undeniably flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
        an admirably broad range of musical interests

So, come on ofca, time to fess up: how many OMD albums have you actually got?
        (If it helps, I confess to owning their first three singles...)

EDIT: I also have quite a lot of Richard Rodney Bennett as well. Oh, the shame...

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Taking your life in your hand a bit with that remark, aren't you, rubbers?
          Perhaps 'slowness' is a synonym for 'displaying an interest in Coronation Street' (to which I cheerfully plead guilty).

Comment

so -

Anna disinterred "William"
            Mercia identified Hazlitt: Liber Amoris or the New Pygmalion [1823]
            Caliban found Wordsworth: Ode: Imitations of Immorality [1807]
            Anna found Thackeray: The Rose and the Ring [1855]
            Rubberknickers for Blake: Songs of Innocence AND Experience [1794]

So - who wants X Y Z or A

Anna - Mercia - Caliban - Rubbers - or Norfolk who knew all along but was being coy...

Do I have to call on the services of Harry Hill here??

Comment

I think Anna was right - yes Innocence came out in 1789 - but the combined volume "Songs of Innocence and Experience" came out - as she said - in 1794

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                I think Anna was right - yes Innocence came out in 1789 - but the combined volume "Songs of Innocence and Experience" came out - as she said - in 1794
                I shall need to take instructions, but my client is prepared in the interim to accept your Lordship's ruling on the matter.

Comment

Blimey... a veritable bursting of the dam on this question... I can't take the next: the first pronouncer of the William connection should, I think...

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                  Perhaps 'slowness' is a synonym for 'displaying an interest in Coronation Street' (to which I cheerfully plead guilty).
                  Maybe... I'll get rubbers back anyway

Looking forward to the Becky dénouement at the weekend (omnibus catch-up as usual) as well as to the subsequent appearance of The Man from U.N.C.L.E in Roy's Rolls and then as you say, The Trial...
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                    so -

Anna disinterred "William"
                    Mercia identified Hazlitt: Liber Amoris or the New Pygmalion [1823]
                    Caliban found Wordsworth: Ode: Imitations of Immorality [1807]
                    Anna found Thackeray: The Rose and the Ring [1855]
                    Rubberknickers for Blake: Songs of Innocence AND Experience [1794]

So - who wants X Y Z or A

Anna - Mercia - Caliban - Rubbers - or Norfolk who knew all along but was being coy...

Do I have to call on the services of Harry Hill here??
                    I never had the faintest idea of the answer, my dear chap. It was just a ploy to drag the answer out of somebody whizzing past in the fast lane.

Comment

I shall need to take instructions, but my client is prepared in the interim to accept your Lordship's ruling on the matter.
                      We shall await Counsel's opinion with interest. In the meantime, I have to be out of here in 30 minutes until around 3.30pm so no point in me setting a question, so I think it's between mercia and rubbers to do the honours.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        We shall await Counsel's opinion with interest. In the meantime, I have to be out of here in 30 minutes until around 3.30pm so no point in me setting a question, so I think it's between mercia and rubbers to do the honours.
                        In that case, despite my thirst for fresh insight into NB's record collection, I think Mercia should do the honours.

Comment

In that case, despite my thirst for fresh insight into NB's record collection, I think Mercia should do the honours.
                          You'll have a long wait, matey!

Comment

Right you lot. Skip the X.

A Y to link

A magical evening
                            Mary the dressmaker
                            Something extreme at the ROH
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                              Right you lot. Skip the X.

A Y to link

A magical evening
                              Mary the dressmaker
                              Something extreme at the ROH
                              Is yodelling too extreme for this thread?

Comment

Bloomin' 'eck, that was quick - or too easy

Care to expand? I want them all, mind you.
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X