X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Atlantis in question in Dubai?

Comment

I am afraid am that it isn't Dubai. It is European. The Cow Island I had in mind Anna is located here -

Last edited by Guest; 27-01-12, 13:27.

Comment

......OK. I think a steer might be needed. The city in the first picture is a clue to the man who made Atlantis. Actually it is his birthplace. Here is another clue to him. His photo -

and another.......

European. Musician. Classical composer.
        Last edited by Guest; 27-01-12, 13:48.

Comment

.....La Rochelle was actually here -

And if you can name the colour in the third picture, you have found the name of the area in which lies Cow Island.

Comment

Well, I am no further forward and have to go now until a lot later. Perhaps when the afternoon shift login (where is everyone lately?) they can shed some light on it

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
              And if you can name the colour in the third picture, you have found the name of the area in which lies Cow Island.
              ... well your third picture was - was it not? - a Red Square - but I don't remember a Cow Island near the Kremlin...

There is a Cow Island near Haiti.

An ÃŽle aux Vaches (note accent... ) wd surely be a Cows' Island - or Kine Island...

Comment

Good thinking both but not right on the specifics I'm afraid. We need a shade of red. We don't need specific areas of Paris. The classical composer is not what I'd call particularly obscure. This is not a male version of Gladys Rich for example who wasn't well known. The best bet I think is to go with him. I am really surprised that no one has identified the city. That would give you his country and then it should become a bit easier. The next easiest is La Rochelle. The toughest is Cow Island as that's worldly.

Comment

To try first to find the composer who was born in this city -

Comment

... of course Caliban will know that the island of Cows was one of the islets that went to form the Isle Saint-Louis - where he lived. (As did I... )

So is it Paris?

Comment

Two clues Mercia. There is one at 12975 and one at 12987. His photos are at 12980. A European musician and composer.

Vinteuil - Interesting stuff. Unfortunately my Cow Island is not in Europe.
                      Last edited by Guest; 27-01-12, 16:46.

Comment

Try west.

Comment

#12897 looks like Cadiz - so Falla??

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                            #12897 looks like Cadiz - so Falla??

Comment

Manuel de Falla, born in Cadiz. This should help you.

What F came from La Rochelle, hopped to Cow Island and inspired a song without words from the man who made Atlantis?

(The F though isn't Falla and the shade of red isn't rose)
                              Last edited by Guest; 27-01-12, 16:46.

Comment

......This guy is also relevant. He lived in Paris. -

Comment

Working...
                                X