X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte;127104
    Oh, don't be modest, Anna: the [B
    E[/B] is yours by all that's right and just!
    No, I am offline now, I would have nominated Calban (but, he just didn't get Dr. Who) so I nominate Rubbers. Who is more cool. See you in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      No, I am offline now, I would have nominated Calban (but, he just didn't get Dr. Who) so I nominate Rubbers. Who is more cool. See you in the morning.

Comment

A quick-E then:

Some folk loved by a former PM, one by Handel, two by Gluck

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          That's element 3 covered!

That was the most serendipitous contribution I have ever made here. I had no idea this was about the Dr Who theme!!

It was a genuine enquiry about Delia Derbyshire (& was going to be accompanied by a quip about Cuthbert Cumbria but I had to do some work... )

Well I never.
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I see that while I have been out this evening this thread has passed the 250,000 views mark.

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
              I see that while I have been out this evening this thread has passed the 250,000 views mark.
              Incredible! What success!

Most of these 250,000 views are me popping in, looking at the clues, then making my excuses and leaving quietly because most of the time I haven't the foggiest. This E has me completely flummoxed, for example.

Here's to the next quarter million...
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                A quick-E then:

Some folk loved by a former PM, one by Handel, two by Gluck
                Ezio.

Comment

Ezio.
                  Well I didn't find it ezio!
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

It was a genuine enquiry about Delia Derbyshire
                    Corse it was, ducks. Ahem. I guess everyone has been watching The Singing Detective. I have a funny story about Albert Finney filming a Dennis Potter in the Forest of Dean

Actually, it does not translate that well!

Comment

Ezio.
                      To complete the answer (whilst waiting for rubbernecker to reappear):

Ezio is the title of:

(a) a band, who had two songs selected by the last UK Prime Minister but one for his Desert Island Discs
                      (b) an opera by Handel
                      (c) two versions of an opera by Gluck

Comment

Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459 – 1524) was a Florentine nobleman during the Renaissance and, unbeknownst to most historians and philosophers, a Mentor and leader of the Italian Assassins

so says Wiki

Comment

To complete the answer (whilst waiting for rubbernecker to reappear):

Ezio is the title of:

(a) a band, who had two songs selected by the last UK Prime Minister but one for his Desert Island Discs
                          (b) an opera by Handel
                          (c) two versions of an opera by Gluck
                          As you are a very refined and serious-minded person scb, I shall refrain from toasting your success with the usual alcoholic emoticons, but merely express my admiration in sober terms by saying well done and please give us an F, you doggone sonofamutha, yay!

PS Couldn't you bring yourself to utter the name of Tony Blair? I understand...

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                            As you are a very refined and serious-minded person scb, I shall refrain from toasting your success with the usual alcoholic emoticons, but merely express my admiration in sober terms by saying well done and please give us an F, you doggone sonofamutha, yay!
                            An F to link Spohr, Busoni and Kistler. I shall return in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459 – 1524) was a Florentine nobleman during the Renaissance and, unbeknownst to most historians and philosophers, a Mentor and leader of the Italian Assassins

so says Wiki
                              Anyone with friends or relations who are adept upon the computer games console knows that! One of the best games I've ever seen played recounts the adventures of Ezio Auditore. The graphics are quite astonishing. I love the one where he stalks his prey through the Mont St Michel....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassi...d:_Brotherhood
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                                Anyone with friends or relations who are adept upon the computer games console knows that! One of the best games I've ever seen played recounts the adventures of Ezio Auditore. The graphics are quite astonishing. I love the one where he stalks his prey through the Mont St Michel....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassi...d:_Brotherhood

And if you think Assassin's Creed is good, Caliban - and indeed, all the series is - try Skyrim. Just voted best ever. I'm not sure that it beats Oblivion, myself, in some ways - but the graphics and interactions do. Just makes you wonder what Bethesda software will come up with next.

But as regards the game here - how on earth did anyone know about Gluck's two Ezio operas? Well done indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X