X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Yes!

Likewise, I'm disappointed that you haven't got the D yet. A famous musical creator with whom I am sure Sir is familiar.
    Yes, Sir is, but would really like someone else to have a go at this one.

Besides, I'm trying to watch the Mehta Das Rheingold on the big screen...

EDIT: Ah, I see Vinteuil is on to it. Why not Du **** as a matter of interest?

Comment

A French viola-da-gamba star
      <<Marin Marais is credited with being one of the earliest composers of program music.[2] His work The Gallbladder Operation, for viola da gamba and harpsichord, includes composer's annotations such as "The patient is bound with silken cords" and "He screameth">>

Found that while researching
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
        Yes, Sir is, but would really like someone else to have a go at this one.

Besides, I'm trying to watch the Mehta Das Rheingold on the big screen...

Oh are you being a spoilsport?

Meantime, I'm not sure what Flay is up to!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Spit it out, vinmousseux, spit it out!!!!
          ... well, various spellings are recorded - du Phly, du Phlys, Duflicq, Duflix. Jacques du Phly [born in 1715, the year which saw the death of Louis XIV, died the day after the fall of the Bastille: 15 July 1789.] is your man.

I like Mr d' Uphly's work a lot.

Sadly - I'm not around to set an E

Enyone evailable??
          Last edited by vinteuil; 19-02-12, 20:18.

Comment

<<Little of Marin Marais' personal life is known after he reached adulthood. He married a Parisian, Catherine d'Amicourt, on September 21, 1676. They had 19 children together....>>

I'm not surprised. Obviously he was keeping his head down
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

Ditto and

Ditto

Comment

... well, various spellings are recorded - du Phly, du Phlys, Duflicq, Duflix. Jacques du Phly [born in the year which saw the death of Louis XIV, died the day after the fall of the Bastille: 15 July 1789.]

Enyone evailable??

A shame you won't be around as you have thoroughly deserved an E...

On the CD which rubbers very kindly gave me for my birthday last week he is spelt Duphly. The three elements - Les Graces, Médée and La Forqueray - are keyboard pieces on that CD I agree about his music

Was your reticence amnesia or modesty, rubbers? Or a desire to focus on the diaphanous négligés of the Rhine maidens?

Comment

On the CD which rubbers very kindly gave me for my birthday last week he is spelt Duphly. The three elements - Les Graces, Médée and La Forqueray - are keyboard pieces on that CD I agree about his music

erm:
                  ... is that the one with Jean-Patrice Brosse? - or Yannick le Gaillard?? - or is there a new (better?) one out???

Comment

Was your reticence amnesia or modesty, rubbers? Or a desire to focus on the diaphanous négligés of the Rhine maidens?
                    Modesty, entirely. It would have been grossly unfair to have taken advantage of something of which I had prior knowledge. The messageboard equivalent of Insider Trading. And after my previous conviction for the same after the unfortunate incident in the Tottenham Court Rd...

The set I'm after is Jean Paul's complete recording on 4 CDs, sadly out of print. I have Brosse in Bk1 and gave Caliban Elisabeth Joye doing an attractive compilation.

EDIT: By the way the Rhine maidens in this production wear tops made of clear plastic and squirt water from their nipples

Comment

The set I'm after is Jean Paul's complete recording on 4 CDs, sadly out of print
                      ... of Duphly? Jean Paul - is this the same as Jean-Patrice Brosse?

I had the boxed set of LPs of his, with him looking sultry on the cover; I now have the 3 separate CDs (covering the complete works) on the Pierre Verany label, I think from amazon.fr

EDIT / ah, no - when you say Jean Paul you mean John Paul. Yes, a visit to amazon.fr for that one shows it out of stock...
                      Last edited by vinteuil; 19-02-12, 20:40. Reason: edit cos realised wrong man

Comment

... of Duphly? Jean Paul - is this the same as Jean-Patrice Brosse?

I had the boxed set of LPs of his, with him looking sultry on the cover; I now have the 3 separate CDs (covering the complete works) on the Pierre Verany label, I think from amazon.fr

EDIT / ah, no - when you say Jean Paul you mean John Paul. Yes, a visit to amazon.fr for that one shows it out of stock...
                        John Paul, sorry, and it is 3 discs http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacques-Duph...1&sr=1-1-fkmr2

Comment

Modesty, entirely. It would have been grossly unfair to have taken advantage of something of which I had prior knowledge. The messageboard equivalent of Insider Trading. And after my previous conviction for the same after the unfortunate incident in the Tottenham Court Rd...
                          How very principled. Yes it caused quite a ripple among the traders when you went down, I understand...

So who wants this 'ere E ?! One of you must be able to cobble something really gentle and easy for a Sunday evening, surely?

Flay are you still scandal-mongering about poor old M. Marais?

Comment

The set I'm after is Jean Paul's complete recording on 4 [3] CDs, sadly out of print. :
                            rubbernecker - if your German's up to it, amazon.de seem to have the John Paul set, for 42 euros...

Comment

Flay are you still scandal-mongering about poor old M. Marais?
                              OK OK I'm working on an E (supposed to be doing paperwork)
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                                OK OK I'm working on an E (supposed to be doing paperwork)
                                Oh I wasn't calling on you for the E... just enquiring on the progress of your Marais researches!

Comment

Working...
                                X