X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just ordered that Nick Mason book from AbeBooks (secondhand) for £3.61 inc p&p (always check Abe before Amazon, they are often so much cheaper!) and the Floyd I have is Dark Side, Wish you Were Here, Animals, Delicate Sound, Meddle and The Wall. I think somewhere there is a Live at Pompeii video.

Incidentally, I have some 'inherited' Floyd vinyl including Meddle, Dark Side and Animals, do you think they may be saleable or does no-one bother with vinyl now?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      . . . don't you think the new soft-focus opening sequence is really horrible? Completely inappropriate prettified visuals, out of kilter with the programme and sickly like an advert for chocolates. Dis they re-record the title music too?
      Actually it lost its northern grit when colour TV came in. Was so much more convincing in b&w! Good ol' days, eh.
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Anna,

Vinyl is no longer my thing but I would imagine there are some hardcore Floydies out there who would sell their granny for some original 33 rpm. Record Collector magazine is full of stuff like this and you can get an idea of prices etc. from their extensive classifieds at the back of the magazine.

Live at Pompeii Animals

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
          I was going to say I'll lend you my copy, but I've remembered I've lent it to someone else... but can't remember who
          However, I note your birthday's due on Thursday so you may actually get a new copy
          Rubbers, you rob me of words!
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
            I may well still have it and if so could burn it to DVD for you (purely for research purposes )
            Well, BTS, if that is the case, there may well be a research copy of Early Flights vol. 3 with your name on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
              I completely agree. It was a mesmerising, subtle and totally convincing performance which had me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait for Monday!
              Two questions:

How did the vile Tracey Barlow come to learn about the Nick Tilsley-Leanne Battersby affair?

and

Who is the young man with whom Sally is chewing the jambalaya in the Rovers?

Comment

While writing: calling all Corriephiles - don't you think the new soft-focus opening sequence is really horrible? Completely inappropriate prettified visuals, out of kilter with the programme and sickly like an advert for chocolates. Dis they re-record the title music too?
                I blame the DFNLWA (Department For Not Leaving Well Alone). We've recently gone digital, but it doesn't look any better - in SD or HD.

Comment

How did the vile Tracey Barlow come to learn about the Nick Tilsley-Leanne Battersby affair?
                  To answer your first question - you obviously don't frequent the ladies' toilet at the Rovers.....
                  I'm not sure where Sally's latest dining companion came from.

Comment

Two questions:

and

Toxic Tracey overheard Leanne talking to Carla in the ladies' toilet. Can't answer question two - missed the episode when the young man (Jeff) and Sally met.

oops - another cross posting.
                    Last edited by Pianorak; 12-02-11, 13:43. Reason: grammar!
                    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

A clue for the remaining part of 'M'. Try singing the first line of a really well-known Glenn Miller hit. (Dinner jacket not compulsory.)

Comment

Tuxedo Junction? Co-written by Erskine Hawkins, from Birmingham, Alabama.

Comment

Definitely. "Down South, in Birmingham..."

"The song is about a jazz and blues club in the Birmingham, Alabama suburb of Ensley. The area is referred to as "Tuxedo Junction", even though the building is called the "Nixon Building" (built in 1922). This is due to the location of a streetcar crossing at Tuxedo Park, hence "Tuxedo Junction"."

Thanks Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                            To answer your first question - you obviously don't frequent the ladies' toilet at the Rovers.....
                            I'm not sure where Sally's latest dining companion came from.
                            He seems to have been a chance encounter in the Rovers, being simultaneously salivated upon by Sally and Gail until the latter retreated, a defeated woman, to scour her omlette pan.

Ah yes, the phone went earlier and I missed it ... just rewound the recording and watched Leanne unwisely tackle Carla about Peter's stayover... then the passing affair reference... then the emergence from trap 3 of the toxic one amid the gurgling of the flushing lav. (Where's a :vomit: smiley when you need one???)

Comment

Tapiola was the first to mention 'Tuxedo Junction', while Caliban added the exquisite detail (to quote Colin Powell). I would be inclined to offer 'N' to Tapiola, if that's OK with Caliban.

Comment

I'd be inclined to offer Caliban first refusal, as his detail was far superior.

Comment

Working...
                                X