Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
    But is it better than somebody switching off when the programme is broadcast, because they've been so annoyed by the repetitive trails?
    Many of us now don't even bother turning on!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Many of us now don't even bother turning on!
      Exactly… and in the minority of programmes that do get listened to now, finely-honed skills with the fast-forward button accompanied by a variety of oaths at the iPad or radio which would certainly get me banned from the forum
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post

Exactly… and in the minority of programmes that do get listened to now, finely-honed skills with the fast-forward button accompanied by a variety of oaths at the iPad or radio which would certainly get me banned from the forum
        Scope for Aunty to develop some new AI-based listener interactive technology...? 'What was that you said to Sean?'... 'And just what is wrong with ascending larks at breakfast?'... 'What is your problem with manic Scots, mate?....

Suggestions for product development welcome here....

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

Scope for Aunty to develop some new AI-based listener interactive technology...? 'What was that you said to Sean?'... 'And just what is wrong with ascending larks at breakfast?'... 'What is your problem with manic Scots, mate?....

Suggestions for product development welcome here....
          Getting AI to answer viewers basic queries and complaints will be one of the first things to happen. An entirely AI produced and semi presented disc programme is quite a bit further off but will happen. Radio is way ahead of TV already at the moment in terms of automation. Like everything else the only jobs likeliest to survive will be the very high skill ones - or ones that need those that need some physical element e.g, sound balancing live musicians. And musicians themselves …

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
            I'm sure they have these on R3 - you can't have been listening long enough.
            They do indeed - David Attenborough's latest is the current push, but earlier in the year it included a large sport push - and grunt/shout/thwacking etc

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

They do indeed - David Attenborough's latest is the current push, but earlier in the year it included a large sport push - and grunt/shout/thwacking etc
              That Planet Earth Podcast trail is a major current irritant and not a very good trail either - the quotes are dull.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

...earlier in the year it included a large sport push - and grunt/shout/thwacking etc
                Yep - sports trails...

...there's a particularly boorish one on one of the TV channels - reach straight for the mute button on that one.

Comment

Trail for radio 3 jazz in afternoon concert, just search bbc sounds for jazz.
                  Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

And I take it, all those were promoters for music programmes on non-sports programmes?
                    Programmes associated with the celebration of Dr Who's 60th birthday were trailed before the start of Private Passions this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonPalmer View Post
                      Trail for radio 3 jazz in afternoon concert, just search bbc sounds for jazz.
                      Or just engage with our Jazz threads for my weekly update on jazz to be broadcast.

Comment

There was a real horror this afternoon following the EMS, one that I've not heard before. Shouty, TV trash quiz show style, "promoting" the Breakfast slot. When it started I assumed it was for non R3 content so it was a real shock to the system to hear Petroc sounding as if he was at a football match.
                        On the plus(non trailer) side we were spared the news slot on the EMS as it was a pre- meow repeat - perhaps the advert was the payback for that.

Comment

The New Music Show trail with several R3 regulars going over the top is particularly annoying!

Comment

Listening to radio 4 in car and they trailed back issues available of the program.

Comment

Afternoon concert presenter just told us all whats on this evenings concert.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonPalmer View Post
                                Afternoon concert presenter just told us all whats on this evenings concert.
                                From "Jason's enthalling diary".

Comment

Working...
                                X