Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of trails on bbc breakfast in the form of petroc plugging radio 3 and dr who on bbc iplayer.
    Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Originally posted by JasonPalmer View Post
      Lots of trails on bbc breakfast in the form of petroc plugging radio 3 and dr who on bbc iplayer.
      Which is why I, for one, would prefer that you don't keep repeating the plugs on here dear boy.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonPalmer View Post
        Relentless,, wasn't it?

Comment

I turn off the moment a trailer starts.

Comment

After deciding to listen to this evenings concert after hearing it plugged twice on radio 3 today i did some googling and found this intereting piece about bbc cross promotion.

The BBC has been forced to sell off some of its commercial ventures, but rivals still bemoan the fact that it gets an unfair advantage from cross-promoting across its media channels.

Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

First trail moan of 2024:

Listening to JRR yesterday in the car (linear radio). Switched on at 4pm to the last blast of organ from Royal Holloway Chapel. Had to wait another 2 minutes for a smooooooth (aping CFM) trail from St Petroc about the alarm functions of R3. If they're running late, why not just cut out the trail?

Listening again on Sounds to catch the rest of JRR just now, I find the same organ blast (fair enough) and the trail are still there - at least I can fast forward through the trail this time!

Comment

And I see they've started saying 'New Year, new music' again. But quite a lot of the music they play under this banner isn't actually new at all.

Comment

"The home of classical music" tagline is also getting tiresome - especially as whenever I've been tuning in recently they've been playing anything but classical music!

Comment

Yes, yes, YES#1111111111111

Comment

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
                      "The home of classical music" tagline is also getting tiresome - especially as whenever I've been tuning in recently they've been playing anything but classical music!
                      But in terms of BBC radio (and mostly TV too) it's the "home of classical music" in that it's the only place you're likely to find it (although it's the home of lots of other stuff too).
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Nigel Kennedy, interviewed on "This Cultural Life" (30 Dec.'23) doesn't like the term "classical music" and prefers "notated music". It probably won't catch on - but I quite like it..​
                        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                          Nigel Kennedy, interviewed on "This Cultural Life" (30 Dec.'23) doesn't like the term "classical music" and prefers "notated music". It probably won't catch on - but I quite like it..​
                          But what is "notated music"? Music e.g. by Sondheim? By John "E.T." Williams?
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

But in terms of BBC radio (and mostly TV too) it's the "home of classical music" in that it's the only place you're likely to find it (although it's the home of lots of other stuff too).
                            Then surely it should be, "The home of classical music on the BBC". Maybe not as snappy but definitely more accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by hmvman View Post

Then surely it should be, "The home of classical music on the BBC". Maybe not as snappy but definitely more accurate!
                              Or: "Radio 3 - where the BBC broadcasts some classical music."

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Or: "Radio 3 - where the BBC broadcasts some classical music."
                                Classic fm announced some time ago that it was "the home of of classical music in the UK" and more recently informed us that it was "the home of Christmas music". Radio 3 trailers have not only taken to using similar phrases, but also to imitating the soft-spoken, comforting tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X