Phrases/words that set your teeth on edge.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anorak View Post
    I'm sitting there and they're like saying
    A general point of interest which I've noticed is that often when people want to report what someone has said they say: And he's like, OMG what are you like? And I'm like, Waddya mean, what am I like? Bi-zarre.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

So, this is summin you might like yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by anorak View Post
        So, this is summin you might like yeah?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_b1Y-Rl_Uo
        So this is me to him yeah.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

You're having me in stitches here, innit? Or will Julie Burchill come along and call us middle-class snobs for making fun of honest working-class speech?

Dialogue I actually overheard in Crewe town centre (when there was a town centre there; don't ask) :

Young woman with push-chair to older woman just arriving ; 'Where've ya bin?'

'Well, I went to M&S and then I had to go to the... '

'A did'n ask ya that, I said where've ya bin?'

'Well, I've been to the market and...'

'A don' wanna know; A said where've ya bin?'

By now we realised she didn't mean 'where have you been?' but ' Are you not ashamed of having kept me waiting?'

Comment

Working...
          X