Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargains - not CDs!

I thought it was about time we had a none CD bargain thread.

I mentioned some TP Link powerline adapters recently - sneaked it in on the CD Review thread - http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...605#post370605

I have now received these from PC World - though they are I think also available from You Know What River -

I'll put more details up on the Techie forum, but these do seem to work well and definitely good value.
    Last edited by Dave2002; 23-01-14, 17:01.

FM is still running , and I do still have a couple of blank TDK D90s to use up.

Comment

Maxwell UD1 C120s were my favourites. Never seemed to jam, and very resistant to drop-downouts. I did once use a TDK C180 for Steve Reich's 'Drumming', but that was a bridge too far.

Comment

Weekends January and February, you can do a day return anywhere on the Southwest trains network for £10. Check their website for details.

Good idea for a thread.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Poor Dave2002!

Comment

I espied this and immediately thought it meant DVDs! I rarely see Opera DVDs at 'bargain' prices (Wagner ones never seem to decrease in price), and so I have a huge gap in my collection. Perhaps we could have a DVD/Blu Ray bargains thread all to itself and specify this thread as for non-music media bargains (or some such)?
            It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
              I espied this and immediately thought it meant DVDs! I rarely see Opera DVDs at 'bargain' prices (Wagner ones never seem to decrease in price), and so I have a huge gap in my collection. Perhaps we could have a DVD/Blu Ray bargains thread all to itself and specify this thread as for non-music media bargains (or some such)?
              I thought putting this in Platform 3 would have given a clue - but maybe not!

I've changed the title a bit - if you have further suggestions please let me know before we get too far along.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                I thought putting this in Platform 3 would have given a clue - but maybe not!
                Merely wishful thinking of my part!
                It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
                  Merely wishful thinking of my part!
                  Maybe you could start a DVD/Blu Ray thread in CD Review - which seems a possible area for such a discussion. Good luck with finding any.

Comment

This thread's title briefly raised my hopes that the current Bargains was being split so as to keep downloaders apart from 'real' collectors

Any chance hosts, please please??
                    I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                      This thread's title briefly raised my hopes that the current Bargains was being split so as to keep downloaders apart from 'real' collectors

Any chance hosts, please please??
                      But what about us as what sometimes goes for bargain download, then burns 'em to bargain CD-Rs?

Comment

Not exactly a bargain hunters paradise so far, is it?
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Aldi Corale baked beans - 29p.
                          Better than Heinz.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            But what about us as what sometimes goes for bargain download, then burns 'em to bargain CD-Rs?
                            They that bow down to alien gods in the days of the week shall by no means enter Paradise by token service to the true God on the Sabbath

Burning a CD-R is in no wise equivalent to buying a real CD. Thus saith the Lord.

He that toucheth a bargain download shall be accounted refiled.
                            Last edited by LeMartinPecheur; 25-01-14, 22:42.
                            I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                              He that toucheth a bargain download shall be accounted refiled.
                              What under?

Comment

Working...
                              X