No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
    Would love to see that!

I once saved a hare from a hunting dog while birdwatching in Spain - the hare came crashing through the undergrowth, dashed past me, the dog about 1 second behind it....I jumped forward, clapping loudly, startling the dog and throwing it off-balance - it stood there looking puzzled. The cazador arrived moments later, out of breath, looked at the dog, scratched his head - I was walking away nonchalantly by this stage as if I hadn't seen a thing
    Well done RT
    Great story too.

They are magical, I agree.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
      Terrific!
      Magical creatures.

... and a special for ts.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Anyone like to identify this beauty? (Photographed one Summer in Normandy.)

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post

Any chance of reducing the scale, ard?

Comment

Looks like a mason bee of some sort, but there are also black honeybees. The latter have staged a comeback in the UK after almost completely disappearing.

Comment

Unfortunately my very amateur photo gives no impression of size. It was quite a big beast and its wings had a faintly purplish colour...which also doesn't show up very well.
              Any chance of reducing the scale, ard?
              That's beyond my capability, I think. Might have go when youngster arrives later on. But what you see is the full frame of the photo..in other words it's not cropped. It was only taken on Mrs A's i-phone, as close as she could get.

Comment

Ready to go Ah!!

Comment

Aaaaahhh.
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    Aaaaahhh.
                    Duck!!

Comment

Hooray. I've posted a pic. (See angst on other threads.)

Comment

Hooray. I've posted a pic. (See angst on other threads.)
                        Is it that time of year already? I must get out to the woods and foray for delicacies.

Comment

A sudden considerable temporary drop in temperature coupled with the arrival of rain at last has seen a sudden flurry of fungal activity here. Sadly one of the most impressive is an aptly named giant polypore at the base of a beech tree at work which has confirmed that it will have to be felled. The fruiting body looks like a big pile of misshapen scotch pancakes in colour and general form, but the older dead bits are far more sinister being black and looking rather like something invasive out of a horror movie.
                          More welcome are indications that puffballs might be on the foraging agenda - a couple of 'golfballs' appeared in the staff carpark, which is grass, but as can be imagined didn't have a chance to fulfill their potential! The orchard is another favoured place but visitors tend to think it an essential part of their time on site to kick them.

Comment

This seems an appropriate enough thread to place this video in - nature and all that. As well as visual interest, you have the Donegal/Derry accent as additional musical background!

Comment

This impressive specimen has taken up residence at TS Towers.

Has an alarming war cry. I had no idea they made such sounds.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                This impressive specimen has taken up residence at TS Towers.

Has an alarming war cry. I had no idea they made such sounds.
                                What do you expect? Must be after a mate. Lucky you, Rana temporaria has been hit by a nasty ranavirus in recent years. I'm sure we can all empathise.

Comment

Working...
                                X