Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn

I feel quite lucky living where I do with this nearby. It's a nice day too.

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
    I feel quite lucky living where I do with this nearby. It's a nice day too.
    You are lucky!

Pleased for you that you have such open country and views nearby.

Comment

Its all too beautiful.......

I have wild shrubberies, woods and fields, I rest my eyes on shades of green - and brown and yellow and red, the church on the misty hill a few miles distant; but I do miss water - whether lakes, marshes or rivers.....just a little beyond my current range on foot....

But I do have geese: the Pinkfeet who skein out over the house and fields each night if the tide is low, to feed on the estuary mudflats...

Which lake is this JK? A wetland reserve of some kind?

Comment

Thank you for those lovely pictures, Joseph

Comment

Lovely photos there JK, thanks for posting.

We live in a beuatiful area too, but no water hereabouts. During the first lockdown I really missed seeing the sea.

Will try to post an autumnal photo or two over the weekend . Its a gorgeous day here, mild and very sunny.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Great pictures, JK; and of a pleasant spot. I wish I could master the technique because I take super photographs in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
              Which lake is this JK? A wetland reserve of some kind?
              Arrow Valley Lake, part of Arrow Valley Country Park. Back in April I think I discovered that there are deer in it - the first time I had seen them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_Valley_Country_Park

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              Lovely photos there JK, thanks for posting.

We live in a beuatiful area too, but no water hereabouts. During the first lockdown I really missed seeing the sea.

Will try to post an autumnal photo or two over the weekend . Its a gorgeous day here, mild and very sunny.
              Originally posted by Bella Kemp View Post
              Thank you for those lovely pictures, Joseph
              Originally posted by Padraig View Post
              Great pictures, JK; and of a pleasant spot. I wish I could master the technique because I take super photographs in my head.
              You're welcome. It is nice being able to go on a 1 + hour walk while (mostly) avoiding roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                Arrow Valley Lake, part of Arrow Valley Country Park. Back in April I think I discovered that there are deer in it - the first time I had seen them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_Valley_Country_Park

You're welcome. It is nice being able to go on a 1 + hour walk while (mostly) avoiding roads.
                You managed to capture today's altocumulus cloud display very well, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  You managed to capture today's altocumulus cloud display very well, too!
                  I thought that too.

Comment

I do not have permission to post pictures (which I assume count as attachments).
                    Do I have to apply to an Administrator?

This is what I see at the bottom of the page:

You may post new threads
                    You may post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may edit your posts

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                      I do not have permission to post pictures (which I assume count as attachments).
                      Do I have to apply to an Administrator?

This is what I see at the bottom of the page:

You may post new threads
                      You may post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may edit your posts
                      Probably not. You should put your images up on a hosting site, such as imgur, and then they can be embedded in posts on this site. AFAIK you don't have to ask permission if you are a member of this board.

You can see what Joseph K did by trying to do a "Reply with quote" - you don't need to actually reply, but simply note the way the code works. One thing to note about using sites like imgur is that sometimes one has to be explicit about the .jpg extension in order to get things to work. There are a few wrinkles which you may have to be aware of.

Comment

A few shots from S Wilts this afternoon.

See if you can spot the squirrel.......
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          Probably not. You should put your images up on a hosting site, such as imgur, and then they can be embedded in posts on this site. AFAIK you don't have to ask permission if you are a member of this board.

You can see what Joseph K did by trying to do a "Reply with quote" - you don't need to actually reply, but simply note the way the code works. One thing to note about using sites like imgur is that sometimes one has to be explicit about the .jpg extension in order to get things to work. There are a few wrinkles which you may have to be aware of.

Comment

Very nice, ts.

Comment

Went on a bike ride this afternoon and stopped a couple of times to snap.

Comment

Working...
                              X