Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter

Perhaps not exactly typical weather for this time of year, but nonetheless what I'd consider to be archetypal frosty winter weather. Foggy too, enabling one a rare direct glimpse of the sun.

Lovely pictures......

Similar to my own country, though here I have ponds rather than rivers, drainage pipes and ditches off the crop fields, stables and horses, or in the more remote woodlands Redwings, Fieldfares, and birds of prey.... the Pinkfooted Geese skein across in large or small groups...

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      Similar to my own country, though here I have ponds rather than rivers, drainage ditches off the crop fields, stables and horses, or in the more remote woodlands Redwings, Fieldfares, and birds of prey.... the Pinkfooted Geese skein across in large or small groups...
      Sounds good. There were travellers' horses in these fields over Christmas. Other times there are cows. Occasionally I'll see a bird of prey.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
        Sounds good. There were travellers' horses in these fields over Christmas. Other times there are cows. Occasionally I'll see a bird of prey.
        Lovely pics, thanks Joseph K. Lots of things to rhyme with rime!

作曲:武満徹指揮:岩城宏之演奏:東京都交響楽団T.Takemitsu Winter (1971)http://kukikei.sakura.ne.jp/

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Lovely pics, thanks Joseph K. Lots of things to rhyme with rime!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH_ONJsnFco
          Thanks, a thanks for the Takemitsu, which I'm enjoying a lot.

Comment

Thanks, a thanks for the Takemitsu, which I'm enjoying a lot.
            One of my favourite pieces of Takemitsu. Much as I love most of his music, I tend to go most for those early, serially organised works over the late ones which to me seem over-indebted to Messiaen's harmonic approach as well as overdoing the saccharine, on occasion!

Comment

Then there is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buv6oWx-wxA

Comment

Fantastic photos, JK, thanks for sharing them.
                There is a fabulous winter garden at Mottisfont near us , which is an absolute joy at this time of year. A superb recent creation. Don’t think I have any decent photos of it, but will try to post some next time we are over there.

Very cold here today........
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Bike ride just now. Winterreise - road to nowhere?

Comment

Photo doesn't appear?

Comment

Photo doesn't appear?
                      I do tend to be unsure about uploading photolinks. It appeared for me. Any better?

Comment

Yes, thanks. Looks like you've had similar weather to us.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                          Bike ride just now. Winterreise - road to nowhere?
                          Bike ride here too this afternoon: somewhat different winter weather from the OP... Hovering around 2 degrees, but in the absence of wind and damp, extremely pleasant (given appropriate clothing!). Excuse self-portrait

"...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Not so much a Penny Farthing as a two-penny-virtual-reality bike...!

Comment

That's a good photo, Nick.

Comment

Working...
                              X