Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    In the larger of the two Tesco supermarkets here, a considerable paucity of eggs yesterday. Only those from specified breeds of hen and a few from caged hens were to be had. I will check out Waitrose his afternoon. No urgent requirement. Just an observation. Ironic that, a few days ago, I found a pack of six named breed eggs at less than half price in the Tesco short-dated cabinet. They were there purely due to superficial damage to their box. None of the eggs inside were cracked. I got two delicious omelets out of them.
    Well, free range eggs (and birds) aren't going to be available for the foreseeable future due to avian flu - and imports aren't a solution as other places are facing equal difficulties.

Comment

Mapleton’s Fru-grains. A delicious, if rather expensive breakfast cereal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        In the larger of the two Tesco supermarkets here, a considerable paucity of eggs yesterday. Only those from specified breeds of hen and a few from caged hens were to be had. I will check out Waitrose his afternoon. No urgent requirement. Just an observation. Ironic that, a few days ago, I found a pack of six named breed eggs at less than half price in the Tesco short-dated cabinet. They were there purely due to superficial damage to their box. None of the eggs inside were cracked. I got two delicious omelets out of them.
        Bags of frozen broccoli had been missing as such for a good five weeks from all main supermarkets in this part of London during September and August, and replaced by 50/50 bags of broccoli and cauliflower. The broccoli only bags were once more available last week, but why the rationing? None of the staff I spoke with could explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Bags of frozen broccoli had been missing as such for a good five weeks from all main supermarkets in this part of London during September and August, and replaced by 50/50 bags of broccoli and cauliflower. The broccoli only bags were once more available last week, but why the rationing? None of the staff I spoke with could explain.
          Supplies of broccoli have been affected by the drought, certainly in Spain a couple of months ago, and probably here too. Don't know how long it takes for the frozen supply chain to run short.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            Supplies of broccoli have been affected by the drought, certainly in Spain a couple of months ago, and probably here too. Don't know how long it takes for the frozen supply chain to run short.
            I have found that bags of frozen broccoli are often in relatively short supply - surprising, to my mind, for an area with so many children!

Comment

Working...
            X