What Was Your Most Recent Bottle of Wine?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post

Jaboulet Croze Hermitage Blanc 2018, aka "Mule Blanche" - if I were given this in a bistro with some salami and cheese I'd not be unhappy. But somehow at home it's not special enough at the price point (about £25 a bottle) to buy more. No viongner, a grapefruity flavour which could be described as bitterness by less charitable people than yours truely. Industrial. Meh, as they say.

I picked up this half bottle from Hedonism - I like their Easter display

What caught my eye was the Quad 63s on top of the Gradient Subwoofer (I think?). I've just changed my 63s for the latest 2812 and use them with the Quad L-series subwoofer, with some success.

The wine looks ok too!

Comment

A delicious fruity Spanish red from Tesco, very reasonably priced at £3.65

Comment

Wow! That's cheaper than the Spanish Merlot I get from ALDI at £4-something. Or is that £3.65 for clubcard holders or a limited offer? I'll trot along and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
          Wow! That's cheaper than the Spanish Merlot I get from ALDI at £4-something. Or is that £3.65 for clubcard holders or a limited offer? I'll trot along and find out.
          Not a Clubcard price, and no mention of a special offer, either!

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I purchased a bottle and can confirm it is quite pleasant. The catch is it's only ten per cent alcohol content, but that needn't worry us. At these prices, no-one will call us wine snobs.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
              The catch is it's only ten per cent alcohol content
              Under 11.5% abv. Even cheaper, if you went for non-alcoholic. Down the hatch!
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
              X