What Was Your Most Recent Bottle of Wine?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Was Your Most Recent Bottle of Wine?

Red, white, cheap plonk or Pol Roger, let's hear it for the grape.

Mine was a Vin de Pays des Cotes de Gascogne from the Co-op £4.25. A favourite on our Sunday lunch table.
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
    Red, white, cheap plonk or Pol Roger, let's hear it for the grape.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I sincerely hope I haven't had my last bottle yet.

Comment

Wirra Wirra Church Block.
        Exquisite.

Comment

Percheron Old Vine Cinsault 2010 (Western Cape) - a lovely summer wine.

("What summer?" I hear you shout.)

Comment

Not a wine, but I enjoyed two shots of a Langavulin 1979. Heaven's malt.

Comment

I'll lay that might have been Lagavulin.

Comment

Having just finished the previous day's Mondelli Torretta Nero D'Avola 2011 as I was preparing tonight's meal, I turned (with a supercilious frown) to a 2011 Castelore Montepulciano D'Abruzzo, a recent birthday present which appeared to have been bought from Aldi...
                the Sainsburys snob in me was soon put to flight - it proved a wholly delightful accompaniment to Tomato Soup and Chicken salad. By the time I finish washing-up I suspect there'll be little left.

ps... Aldi's Merevale free-range eggs are rather good too...

EDIT. I should perhaps clarify that one's eyebrows can both superciliate and frown, albeit in rapid succession, rather than simultaneously...

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                  Almost certainly so - and given the sheer popularity of fine malts even in the region that produces cognac, it's no wonder that you can easily find La Gavulin there...

Comment

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                    That's what happens after a nice malt

Comment

Bottles of Bollinger. (Too many to count)

Making piles of money whilst dodging the law is thirsty work...

Comment

An Austrian Merlot.

Comment

Tanner's Douro red

Comment

I cant remember what the last bottle was, but the two that came before it tonight were Chateau la Rose Tour Blanche 2009 Bordeaux and Opi a.k.a. Rodolfo Sadler 2011 Malbec from Argentina. I know this because I just rummaged through the recycle bin to check and I identified them because I knew they were a bit special and those two were the only ones that didnt have screw threads on the neck. They were a birthday present from my nephew and his missus and very nice they were too, but nice wines are wasted on me, sadly: I neck them with pleasure and the alcohol has the desired effect, but after a fall and temporary concussion a couple of years ago, I have almost no sense of taste. When indulgent relatives dont feed my habit, I just buy whatever is on half-price offer in the local supermarket.

Only joking ... I never drink more than one bottle of red a night.

But only because it puts me in mind of a slug of vodka or two ...

Comment

I don't drink but have a bottle of Sanatogen from the church tombola seven years ago. Offers...?

Comment

Working...
                              X