Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just finished a bottle of blended whisky Whyte and Mackay(I think). Just goes down a treat!!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
      "Wash your mouth out"

we will have "decaffeinated coffee" next

Can we talk about Unicum ?

Never knowingly had Unicum. Had loads of Hungarian beers though!

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
        I've just finished a bottle of blended whisky Whyte and Mackay(I think). Just goes down a treat!!
        I like W&M. And Richard Paterson (W&M's Masterblender) is a complete star!!!! Hilarious at 2.40 into the video!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
          I like W&M. And Richard Paterson (W&M's Masterblender) is a complete star!!!! Hilarious at 2.40 into the video!!!!

A complete star. People should try www.thewhiskyexchange.com
          Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Well worth scouring the supermarkets for offers, I got some Dalwhinnie 15YO for under £20 just before Xmas. Aldi has this award winning malt [prob blended] for £12 odd!

I was given a bottle of their Glen Orchy [seems to have gone now, also award winning] at Xmas and it was very good, much to my surprise!! All gone now needless to say.

You did well with your Talisker BO, TWE want £32!! Yes, Mr Paterson is a STAR, such cool delivery!

Comment

Penderyn, the only single Malt Welsh whisky is a nreal life-enhancer: powerful and mellow, wonderfully satisfying - makes all the everyday crap of the world just back off for an hour or two.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                Penderyn, the only single Malt Welsh whisky is a nreal life-enhancer: powerful and mellow, wonderfully satisfying - makes all the everyday crap of the world just back off for an hour or two.

http://www.welsh-whisky.co.uk/
                Quite right fhg, excellent stuff, works wonders if, by some strange and unlikely chance, Wales get beaten at Rugby by Whiskey drinkers!! Take no notice of that old Python quip about Old Smokey being "comparable to Welsh Claret here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                  Well worth scouring the supermarkets for offers, I got some Dalwhinnie 15YO for under £20 just before Xmas. Aldi has this award winning malt [prob blended] for £12 odd!

I was given a bottle of their Glen Orchy [seems to have gone now, also award winning] at Xmas and it was very good, much to my surprise!! All gone now needless to say.

You did well with your Talisker BO, TWE want £32!! Yes, Mr Paterson is a STAR, such cool delivery!
                  What a bargain!!
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post

Amazing bargain with the Dalwhinnie Gordon

I'd love to share a glass of whisky with Richard Paterson, what a character!!!!!

Comment

And just how do we drink our whisky??? (Today seems a good day to start a small war...)

With single malts I add room-temperature water only. Ice is an abomination (kills flavour) and as for adding anything else...

When I have a blend - which isn't often - I'm partial to a whisky mac (whisky Mac? Whisky Mac?)
                      I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                        And just how do we drink our whisky??? (Today seems a good day to start a small war...)

With single malts I add room-temperature water only. Ice is an abomination (kills flavour) and as for adding anything else...

When I have a blend - which isn't often - I'm partial to a whisky mac (whisky Mac? Whisky Mac?)
                        With blends and single malts, I tend to add a little cold water (tap cold, not fridge cold). However, I have also taken Talisker, Highland Park and Redbreast neat. I guess it depends on my mood.

What is a whisky mac?

Comment

How do French hypermarkets stack up for whisky? I've got a trip coming along soon. Are there any supplies of decent malts or decent blends within striking distance of channel ports?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                            How do French hypermarkets stack up for whisky? I've got a trip coming along soon. Are there any supplies of decent malts or decent blends within striking distance of channel ports?
                            Wahoo! Dave's bringing us all back loads of cheap whisky! Orders via PMs?

Jokes aside, I have no idea, having only bought beer and wine in the French supermarkets.

Comment

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                              Single Malts neat.

(Brandy with Ginger Wine. Vodka or Rum with orange juice.)
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                                With blends and single malts, I tend to add a little cold water (tap cold, not fridge cold). However, I have also taken Talisker, Highland Park and Redbreast neat. I guess it depends on my mood.

What is a whisky mac?
                                I hope the water is Highland bottled, and not London tap!

Whisky mac (dreadful concoction!) is whisky and green ginger wine.

Another Dreadful Concoction is a "rusty nail" - whisky and Drambuie.

Comment

Working...
                                X