Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're off to Tenby (Dymbach-y-Piscod in Welsh, transalates as "little town of fishes") for 2 weeks in July. Self-catering in a small flat, just big enough for 2, overlooking the harbour. We had booked it for Easter, but the owner was happy to postpone until a more suitable time. We're hoping Wales will be nearer normal by then.....

For those who don't know Tenby, I can't praise the place highly enough (& I DON'T work for the Welsh Tourist Board!) One notices the further west one travels in Wales the more "Welsh" it becomes, until arriving in Tenby, when everything reverts to almost 100% English-The Welsh nick-name it "Little England"! Whatever-it's great! Beaches to die for, boat trips and loads of small lanes to explore. Social Distance Singh will be observed in as much as it is possible!
    Major Denis Bloodnok, Indian Army (RTD) Coward and Bar, currently residing in Barnet, Hertfordshire!

Comment

I was planning to go to South Korean last April. Got the tickets, booked the AirBnB and everything. And then the pandemic hit. I was so bummed. I was looking forward to the cherry blossoms there. The last time I went there was when me and my friends went to ay toto concert back in 2002.

Comment

We have holidays booked in South Wales (mid-September) and the Western Isles (early October). It looks as though they may go ahead, although the Scottish trip involves flights with Easyjet.
        Our new member in Seattle is probably right when he (or she) suggests that South Korea is a good place if one wishes to discover interesting new experiences, and he (she) is of course on the right side of the States should he (she) wish to indulge in any of them, as the flight would be that much shorter than it would for somebody living in, say, the United Kingdom.
        As a retired linguist, I'm always interested in learning new words, especially slang (as long as they're not rude, of course! )
        Last edited by LMcD; 09-07-20, 11:51. Reason: dropped penny

Comment

Nothing this year. Being shielded. I might have a holiday in my bed, maybe?
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
            You could maybe get it converted into a flying bedstead, BBM!

Comment

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
              In 1790, while serving in the Piedmontese army, the French aristocrat Xavier de Maistre (1763-1852) was punished for dueling and placed under house arrest for forty-two days. The result was a discursive, mischievous memoir, his classic Voyage Around My Roo...

Comment

Working...
              X