Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe in extremis :yikes:

Bearing in mind that de minimis non curat lex...
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      I quite agree with you, french frank but your concerns will count for nought when sundry ne'er-do-wells get their teeth stuck into Lord Justice Leveson's apparent friendships. I'm not suggesting that he is sacked, merely that he is candid about his relationships, whatever they may be, with Cameron or to whomsoever the Inquiry is reporting.:smiley:
      I e-mailed my MP with several relevant articles from the papers and she's replied saying that she agrees that these matters should be cleared up before the enquiry and that she's written to the prime Minister suggesting this.

I'll report back if/when I get a further reply.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        I e-mailed my MP with several relevant articles from the papers and she's replied saying that she agrees that these matters should be cleared up before the enquiry and that she's written to the prime Minister suggesting this.

I'll report back if/when I get a further reply.
        :ok::ok:

I'm having Sir's barricade dusted off and wheeled into position on the Kilburn High Road ready for Sir's use
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          :ok::ok:

I'm having Sir's barricade dusted off and wheeled into position on the Kilburn High Road ready for Sir's use
          :laugh:cheeky boy!

Comment

Another piece of the jigsaw falls into place ....

Wall Street Journal circulation scam claims senior Murdoch executive

Andrew Langhoff resigns as European publishing chief after exposure of secret channels of cash to help boost sales figures

Andrew Langhoff resigns as European publishing chief after exposure of secret channels of cash to help boost sales figures

Comment

kelvin sails close to the coulson appointment to the tory party by dave, (bearing in mind australian news previously linked to upthread)

Ex-Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie says the prime minister is using the Leveson inquiry to mask his own 'lack of judgment' over hiring Andy Coulson

there was also some pretty sawdid comments from kelvin on yahoo/sky, last night, but they've disappeared this morning. perhaps someone thought better of it? or, perhaps sky are revamping it....or something.

Comment

Paul Dacre senses hypocrisy - lawdy! :yikes:

David Cameron has been accused by Paul Dacre of taking revenge on the press by ordering an inquiry into newspaper regulation in response to the hacking scandal at the News of the World.

Comment

Paul Dacre senses hypocrisy
                  i wonder how he did that
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

oooops, sordid? kelvin (apparently) saw that dave did some intimate tickling of murdoch's ....ego. except kelvin didn't put it this way.

'the wall street journal' was good value, at one cent a newspaper in europe ....perhaps 'the sun' might soon have to follow suit as regards 'competitive pricing', and also give it away free, to sustain circulation!

fancy murdoch also owning the dow jones paper, he's been so busy, meanwhile no one has apparently noticed.

Comment

Oh deepjoy unconfined!! :ok::ok::biggrin:

Rupert and James Murdoch's positions at News Corporation look increasingly under pressure after two of its most powerful shareholders joined the chorus of investors calling for them to be ousted from the board.

Rupert and James Murdoch's positions at News Corporation look increasingly under pressure after two of its most powerful shareholders joined the chorus of investors calling for them to be ousted from the board.

Comment

Oh joy, oh Rapture unconcealed!!

Comment

Really. Do you people have nothing else going on in your lives???

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...onfused013.gif
                          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

indeed we do Mr Pee, occupying places, making banners, obtaining bail and attending A&E for eye trauma amongst many other demanding little jobs .... speaking of which today's Indie reports that the Plod have upped the numbers on Weeting and other projects with peculiar names but all associated with the nasty M Empire ...
                            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                              Really. Do you people have nothing else going on in your lives???

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...onfused013.gif
                              What a provocative post! :laugh:

Comment

from amateur's telegraph link

By speaking out, Hermes joins a growing list of shareholders that have called for an overhaul of the News Corp board, including America's Christian Brothers Investment Services, Amalgamated Bank, Central Labourers' Pension Fund and New Orleans Employees' Retirement System.

what the hell took these chaps so long to express concerns about corpo culcha though?

who's to say that if they go, that all will be 'happily corporate' once more? is it actually possible?

still, it's good to see the empire slipping out of their grasp though. just in terms of stemming meglomania, and nepotism.....not to mention orrid endings for v greedy so and so's. i wonder what the mrs murdochs think..... ? one may be thinking 'die die die and quick before you're ousted', for max inheritance settlement. or, perhaps they're busy getting blessed on the banks of the river nile (again). just as jesus once did - in the bible... aaaaaaah! actually, one thing that they have got in common perhaps is that 'the wall street journal' and the bible are both circulated for free! :biggrin:

Comment

Working...
                                X