No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    Mr Pee is Rebekah Brooks & I claim my £5 :laugh:
    You'd better give back that 5 quid, Flosshilde!!

THIS is Rebekah Brooks:-

http://i.imgur.com/2EH5c.jpg

And THIS is my good self relaxing on the couch as I watch Sky Arts on the High-Definition Plasma:-

http://i.imgur.com/M8cQ7.jpg

:whistle:
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

In your dreams, Mr P!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
        You'd better give back that 5 quid, Flosshilde!!

THIS is Rebekah Brooks:-

http://i.imgur.com/2EH5c.jpg

And THIS is my good self relaxing on the couch as I watch Sky Arts on the High-Definition Plasma:-

http://i.imgur.com/M8cQ7.jpg

:whistle:
        Infinitely less likely in both cases than the worst reported stories that you'd ever be able to find in any newspaper, Mr Pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
          speaking of Rebekah, I see that she is on 'maternity leave'. I thought you only got maternity leave if you had something to be on leave from, like a job?)
          And I'd thought that there was another even more vital qualifying circumstance for anyone to be on maternity leave, but there you go...

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
            And I'd thought that there was another even more vital qualifying circumstance for anyone to be on maternity leave, but there you go...

Some employers give 'maternity' leave to people who have just adopted a child - I think the intention, in both cases, is to allow the parent/s to adjust to having a child and to bond with it.

However, my comment was really alluding to the fact that although Mrs Wade resigned from News International she still has an office and a company car, & is still being paid - in effect she is still being employed by NI, which just shows what a sham the resignation was, & that NI & the MUrdochs are not at all interested in admitting any fault.

Comment

The baby was from a surrogate mother, so how come Rebekah got the maternity leave?

Some misshtake here,
              Ed.

Comment

Instructive views on Murdoch from Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times.
                http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2011...ty_digger.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                  The baby was from a surrogate mother, so how come Rebekah got the maternity leave?

Some misshtake here
                  I neither know nor, frankly, care, since I'm neither her employer nor the father of the child concerned; how interesting is that - and to whom - by comparison with the latest developents in the NI saga that actually centre upon the actions and behaviour of various of its staff, including a number of very senior members thereof?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    Hear! hear! :ok:
                    seconded amatuer51!

fwiw nick davies has been itching to be useful to the tax payer, in view of 'irregularities', since at least 2000 ish, when he published his book all about the subject of uk media. i'm looking forward to reading kernelbogy's link for this very reason.

nick davies is hardly a flimsy light weight, or an opportunist, he's been banging on with his (supposed) 'speculations' for some time....most of which have recently materialised into factual, proveable instances via the inquiry. i get the distinct feeling that the more daily illegalties employees are/were routinely aware of generally, the more miserable their personal aspirations, and the more effective the lure of cash incentives works on them....(evidently) no matter what they're asked to do. yet curiously, the tabloids are the first to regularly take up considerable column inches emphasising the importance of 'personal presentation and self esteem'....yet, what exactly does any ni employee actually know about either? :laugh: besides, this particularly patronising material is usually just an excuse for pictures of women sitting on the boss's desk, and other threadbare cliches from the 1950s.

baby wade's first question might be 'mummy, what are sharp elbows'?!

although Mrs Wade resigned from News International she still has an office and a company car, & is still being paid - in effect she is still being employed by NI, which just shows what a sham the resignation was, & that NI & the MUrdochs are not at all interested in admitting any fault.

exactly flosshilde.....unfortunately.

wade' ll be back as soon as she can, after 'maternity leave'. rupert clearly thinks highly of her particular 'skills', :erm: he thinks she's really 'got something' ..... ? perhaps she bullies james on his behalf? just as rupert's dad once bullied him, in their neo colonial style home....back in the 50s. how very quaint, if predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post

Some misshtake here,
                      Ed.
                      We now know that babies bond with their (birth) mother instantly by use of all their senses. There will be some trauma for any baby separated from its biological mother. This knowledge is already well-established with adopted babies. Whatever one might think of Mrs Wade, the baby deserves the best start in life and an opportunity to bond with its adoptive mother - i.e. during her maternity leave.

Comment

A repeat post from The Leveson Inquiry thread ...

The Met Police failed to warn people they were the victims of phone hacking by the News of the World, a judicial review has ruled.

The Met Commissioner accepted that the failure to warn victims was unlawful.

Police should have warned people whose phones were hacked by the News of the World, a judicial review - pushed for by Lord Prescott - rules.

"The Met Police are re-examining the entire case dating back to 2006, when the News of the World's former royal editor, Clive Goodman, and private investigator Glenn Mulcaire were jailed for hacking into the mobile phone voicemails of royal aides" the article reveals.

Can you imagine how many hours of police time and how much money all this has cost, aside from the damage to the Met's reputation? :steam:

Comment

A repeat post from The Leveson Inquiry thread ...

The Met Police failed to warn people they were the victims of phone hacking by the News of the World, a judicial review has ruled.

The Met Commissioner accepted that the failure to warn victims was unlawful.

Police should have warned people whose phones were hacked by the News of the World, a judicial review - pushed for by Lord Prescott - rules.

"The Met Police are re-examining the entire case dating back to 2006, when the News of the World's former royal editor, Clive Goodman, and private investigator Glenn Mulcaire were jailed for hacking into the mobile phone voicemails of royal aides" the article reveals.

Can you imagine how many hours of police time and how much money all this has cost, aside from the damage to the Met's reputation? :steam:

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ing-804877.gifhttp://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ing-804877.gifhttp://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...ing-804877.gif
                          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Has anyone come out of this well? Remember when there was only one rogue reporter? Now the NOTW, Sun and Times are all under investigation.
                            Steve

Comment

I understand that you find this sort of long drawn-out investigation not to your taste Mr Pee - preferring as you do more colour and movement - but can I take it from your cute emoticons that you are, to coin a Mandelsonism, 'extremely relaxed' about the amount of time & effort & money that is having to be expended to get to the bottom of the alledged misdemeanours of the British Press and Media and the Metropolitan Police Force, and those of News International in particular; and to find a remedy for the future? :whistle:

Comment

I think Mr Pee is one person who can safely be put on 'ignore', Am, as his posts rarely, if ever, contain anything of substance. He depends rather too heavily on animated cartoons to express his opinion - perhaps he's one himself?

Comment

Working...
                                X