Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I don't expect any of you lot will, delighting as you are in this ridiculous witch-hunt

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

witch hunt???????????????????????
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      Thanks, AKA, for yet another totally irrelevant link. Is that the best you can do? :yawn:
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

I tend to agree with Calum and GT on this one. However, I can't really see these people as men or indeed middle aged any more than I could ever see Rebekah Brooks as a woman. Such terms require more than a number and physicality to have true meaning and nearly all of them certainly lack any extra.

While I believe that an Inquiry was necessary, it absolutely sickens me how lengthy this one has been permitted to be. If there is a more obvious symbol of how Government, the newspapers, lawyers and the police aren't there for the general public, I can't think of one. Great gamesmanship doesn't equal substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
          this ridiculous witch-hunt. :sadface:
          Which Hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post

While I believe that an Inquiry was necessary, it absolutely sickens me how lengthy this one has been permitted to be. If there is a more obvious symbol of how Government, the newspapers, lawyers and the police aren't there for the general public, I can't think of one. Great gamesmanship doesn't equal substance.
            I disagree Lat - the Inquiry has been carefully planned into different stages for good reason and it is coming up with some extraordinary stuff. It's a privilege to be able to watch it, live, go back over testimony too.

If only we'd be able to put the bankers up to such scrutiny too.

Just as a matter of interest which bit of the Inquiry so far would you have ditched?

Comment

well mr pee depends on yer rhyming slang dunnit ....
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                Thanks, AKA, for yet another totally irrelevant link. Is that the best you can do? :yawn:
                Is that the best you can do, Mr Pee? :laugh:

Chuck it, Smith!

Comment

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    I disagree Lat - the Inquiry has been carefully planned into different stages for good reason and it is coming up with some extraordinary stuff. It's a privilege to be able to watch it, live, go back over testimony too. If only we'd be able to put the bankers up to such scrutiny too. Just as a matter of interest which bit of the Inquiry so far would you have ditched?
                    Those are fair points. I know that you have followed it closely and have far more knowledge about it than I have. I don't doubt for one moment that the objectives are right and that what might emerge is a higher public standard.

Still, as Athens burns, and unemployment rises here, there is something that irritates. Coogan and Grant and that lawyer bloke who is now more well-known than Judge Judy.

I'd rather spend the money on it than on the Olympics but I don't half think they are dragging it out at the public expense, even if it is proceeding according to design. The Redknapp matter was done and dusted in the blink of an eye.

Comment

The Redknapp matter was done and dusted in the blink of an eye.
                      If you mean his recent trial, it was a lot simpler, involved not very many people, & was a legal case which imposes certain requirements on defendant & witnesses - telling the truth first time round, for example. The Leveson enquirey is a totally different kettle of fish.

If you mean the question of who's going to be the England football team manager, then I expect that to go on interminably :laugh: :sadface:

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                        If you mean his recent trial, it was a lot simpler, involved not very many people, & was a legal case which imposes certain requirements on defendant & witnesses - telling the truth first time round, for example. The Leveson enquirey is a totally different kettle of fish.

If you mean the question of who's going to be the England football team manager, then I expect that to go on interminably :laugh: :sadface:
                        Yes and yes. I accept both points.

If the latter can't be done by lottery, I choose a Pearce (tactics) and Southgate (public relations) collaboration at a tiny fraction of the cost of Capello, McLaren, Eriksson, Taylor, Keegan, Wilkinson, Hoddle, Venables, Robson, Greenwood, Revie and Mercer.

Obviously this won't happen. Pearce is a true believer rather than simply in it for the money and in his temporary role is the 13th manager post Ramsey, a number that I have always generally found brings good fortune to others, whatever bad press that number gets.

Not that I would choose "us" over Zambia these days.
                        Last edited by Guest; 13-02-12, 14:24.

Comment

Yes and yes. I accept both points.

If the latter can't be done by lottery, I choose a Pearce (tactics) and Southgate (public relations) collaboration at a tiny fraction of the cost of Capello, McLaren, Eriksson, Taylor, Keegan, Wilkinson, Hoddle, Venables, Robson, Greenwood, Revie and Mercer.

Obviously this won't happen. Pearce is a true believer rather than simply in it for the money and in his temporary role is the 13th manager post Ramsey, a number that I have always generally brings good fortune to others, whatever bad press that number gets.
                          anyone care to translate this into English ?
                          Who , who who who ?????

(on second thoughts please don't !!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                            anyone care to translate this into English ?
                            Who , who who who ?????

(on second thoughts please don't !!!! )
                            The Leverson Inquiry is a totally different kettle of fish to the Redknapp trial - Agree.
                            Who is going to be the England football manager could go on interminably - Agree.

Therefore, yes and yes. I accept both points.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                              Who, who who who ?????
                              Why ask if you're not interested?
                              Or perhaps by affecting disinterest you hope to demonstrate how far above (or beyond) such matters you feel yourself to be.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherbob View Post
                                Why ask if you're not interested?
                                Or perhaps by affecting disinterest you hope to demonstrate how far above (or beyond) such matters you feel yourself to be.
                                Not above or beyond
                                I guess they are something to do with football which we are all supposed to be endlessly interested in :yawn:

Comment

Working...
                                X