No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    Not above or beyond
    I guess they are something to do with football which we are all supposed to be endlessly interested in :yawn:
    I have no interest in association football, but would not pretend that many of the names mentioned by Lateralthinking1 were unknown to me. But then I'm not trying to make a point.

Comment

Curiouser & curiouser ....

The Sun's Trevor Kavanagh: News Corp team 'boasting' over help to police. War of words at publisher intensifies as paper's associate editor tells of 'unease' at role of internal inquiry

War of words at publisher intensifies as paper's associate editor tells of 'unease' at role of internal inquiry. By Lisa O'Carroll

Another [Sun newsroom staffer] said: "The company has a legal duty of care to its staff. These people work anti-social hours, work overtime without question, miss family occasions for this paper. It's all very well to have the sympathy of your direct boss but when the overall company doesn't give a toss, that counts for nothing. There is going to be a backlash when Murdoch arrives here later this week."

:smiley:

Comment

I see that another SUN staffer is speaking of a Witch Hunt.
        Further proof of just how on-message your chum Mr. Pee has been.

Comment

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away ...

"Rupert Murdoch's global empire is set to face new legal action in the US over alleged illegal practices by News Corp journalists. The lawyer at the heart of the phone-hacking scandal in the UK, Mark Lewis, who was instrumental in exposing the scale of illegal voicemail accessing at the News of the World, is in the "advanced stages" of bringing his first case against News Corp on the other side of the Atlantic."

Small world, isn't it :smiley:

Comment

small world - must feel like a match box! thanks for all the updates amatuer51!

There is going to be a backlash when Murdoch arrives here later this week."

yes, under increasing pressure with accusations and revelations both sides of the atlantic. :cracker:

Comment

....>>>>There is going to be a backlash<<<<....shame Kelvin MacKenzie is still not about....he could do with a bit of a back-hander....
              bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                There is going to be a backlash when Murdoch arrives here later this week."
                :
                indeed, though
                Mr P is spending every night painting a huge "welcome master" banner :ale:

Comment

and a full range of pro sky/ni emoticons.

murdoch will need to wear his warmest vest and remember his brolly. :whistle:

Comment

indeed, though
                    Mr P is spending every night painting a huge "welcome master" banner :ale:
                    Grow up.:erm:
                    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Grow up.

A focal point of the US investigations is likely to be whether false financial information relating to alleged improper payments was given in News International and News Corporation accounts. That could expose the company and its executives to prosecution by the US Securities and Exchange Commission.

The department of justice, working through the FBI on both sides of the Atlantic, is also likely to be exploring how much News Corporation executives in the UK were aware of a pattern of improper behaviour and if so what, if anything, they did to stop it.
                      Last week the police endured a spectacular humiliation. The only way they could end lawsuits by hacking victims – including former ministers John Prescott and Chris Bryant, and the former senior Metropolitan police officer Brian Paddick – was to make a formal courtroom admission of previous failure.

The Met said it "accepts that more should have been done by police in relation to those identified as victims and potential victims of phone hacking".

The last thing the Met's new commissioner, Bernard Hogan-Howe, will want is to face any more accusations at Leveson of police doing too little. He can probably live at present with complaints from the tabloids that the police are doing too much.
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                        Grow up.:erm:
                        I'm surprised that you continue to contribute to this thread, Mr P. I'm sure we realised where it was going from the first page or two, and though I've occasionally popped in to read the latest couple of posts I must have missed a few dozen pages - fortunately. :laugh:

There's nothing that the "liberals" who so strongly support "freedom of expression" (yes, I know they don't fully grasp the meaning of the term, but there we go) would like better than for every newspaper not following the Guardian's line to be closed down for good, and so their continual crowing about the bad practice of a few within NI is only to be expected. A narrow focus indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                          I'm surprised that you continue to contribute to this thread, Mr P. I'm sure we realised where it was going from the first page or two, and though I've occasionally popped in to read the latest couple of posts I must have missed a few dozen pages - fortunately. :laugh:

There's nothing that the "liberals" who so strongly support "freedom of expression" (yes, I know they don't fully grasp the meaning of the term, but there we go) would like better than for every newspaper not following the Guardian's line to be closed down for good, and so their continual crowing about the bad practice of a few within NI is only to be expected. A narrow focus indeed.
                          "Oi YOU" (in the style of Ray Winstone )
                          "get back under that Rickety Rackety Bridge ...........muppet !)

Comment

"Oi YOU" (in the style of Ray Winstone )
                            "get back under that Rickety Rackety Bridge ...........muppet !)
                            Rather than advocating woodshedding a la Sonny Rollins maybe they should just form a band and call it Simon and P-Funkall, or something

Comment

er da cats is outa da bags baby and the cries of betrayal are rising from Wapping
                              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

And it does seem that The Sun journalists are invoking their Human Rights with a legal challenge
                                Journalists approach NUJ with view to hiring leading lawyer to question legality of internal investigation. By Josh Halliday

Comment

Working...
                                X