• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
    ......How about Charlotte and Jonathan? :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaalBHEuTTA
    Another Susan Boyle moment? :erm:

My initial reaction to Rory Stewart was one of suspicion - I couldn't oput my finger on it - and then I as I was watching some of his interview again yesterday a small voice inside my head said "Bruce Chatwin" :biggrin: - phee-eeew!

Comment

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17503529

dave's sporty response to 'the times' film.
      Anyway, getting back to people I've heard of :winkeye: : as Nick Robinson says, the Cruddas affair will give pause to Leveson on what rules he recommends to curb journalists in how they report. How do they distinguish between what the Sunday Times did to Cruddas and what the Telegraph did to Vince Cable? Or do they distinguish?

Last edited by french frank; 26-03-12, 10:24.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

well m'lud may also have to consider the timing of the Glaxo announcement and plates at a quarter of a million quid eh ... let us see the list .... and i see that RupertM is tweeting demands for a full enquiry .... pique or what?
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Should we assume that Rupe is either thoroughly cheesed off about NI's troubles in UK and Leveson in particular or is it a bit more complex than that and Rupe wants to show that he's not all palsy-walsy with his mate Dave?
          Some Insight ... :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            "Francis Maude, the oleaginous Cabinet Minister ..." :ok:

I heard that interview on Today this morning, and, for once, have to say, Hats Off to Evan Davis for really sticking to his guns with the slippery Maude

Comment

Yes Mr Slippery [Maude] was in charge of the Health and Social Care Parliamentary committee, so there was no chance imo that that body would give clear guidance....he's been around the block....[very good at interupting people when on panel discussions]....
              bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                Yes Mr Slippery [Maude] was in charge of the Health and Social Care Parliamentary committee, so there was no chance imo that that body would give clear guidance....he's been around the block....[very good at interupting people when on panel discussions]....
                Was Evan as good as Eddie Mair in this clip?

:ok::laugh::laugh:

Comment

No, much more heated! The wee gargoyle managed to get past the nervous giggling bit and really put the boot in. I imagine there's an iplayer repeat available.

Comment

Lord Levi at 2hr 10

Maude at 2hr 12

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ay_26_03_2012/
                    bong ching

Comment

Lord Levi at 2hr 10

Maude at 2hr 12

This link seems to work better ...

Young Evan did indeed stick it to Furtive Francis - what an arrogant font (to quote the much-missed William Rushton - who should be alive at this moment!)

Comment

http://www.collectorsprints.com/_ima...icking-400.jpg
                        bong ching

Comment

Lord Levi at 2hr 10

Maude at 2hr 12

Thanks eighth - even better second time around!

But - trust "trusty" Nick to come in after that spat with Maude and say that the trouble is how far one goes with wanting information on who has had dinner with the PM, when the whole issue was and is to do with payments for influence.

"His private residence" eh? I have a leasehold on my "private residence" and the conditions state I am not allowed to conduct a house of ill-repute or organise the overthrow of the state from here...

Comment

Cameron caves in :smiley:
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

So why did Cruddasgate happen? What were NI's motives in making it happen?

Nick Robinson reckons ...

Nick is a presenter of BBC Radio 4’s Today programme. He was the BBC's political editor from 2005 to 2015 and before that, he did the same job at ITV News, before which he was chief political correspondent for BBC News 24 and deputy editor of Panorama. He began his time at the BBC as a trainee producer in 1986. Born in Macclesfield, Cheshire, he attended Cheadle Hulme School, followed by University College, Oxford.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                                Nice one, Evan! :ok: :biggrin:

Comment

Working...
                                X