Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    And Floozie, the first time I addressed you thus, you responded like this:- so I thought you appreciated the joke. If you do not, I shall desist.
    Pee, I really don't care - I've been called a lot worse in my time. I was simply attempting to point out to you that you have form in 'juvenile name calling', whether it was intended as 'mildly humourous' or not. But, as usual, you have difficulty in seeing the beam.

You can have no idea whether 'Floozie' is an appropriate name for me, whereas, based on Simon's pompous hectoring/lecturing manner, & his belief that his home is so isolated from any semblance of modern life that it might be called an ivory tower, I believe that 'the Professor' is an entirely appropriate appelation.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant to the contiuing saga of the unravelling of your hero's empire in the UK.

Comment

A point of clarification ..............for those who might need it ?

Calling Simon Prof stems from the old BBC board where he used to refer to "academic" evidence in support of his more ridiculous beliefs yet when asked countless times to give details so that we could actually read (out of genuine interest and a desire to increase knowledge) these "academic" studies and papers he never would cite any references at all. Hence (and I confess to being part of this , which some might think a tedious and childish joke ) he became the Professor of Logic (one of his favourite subjects ) at a certain University who's name one can't mention (due to FF having geekwizard powers of textural transmogrification) and is the same as the place where Rupert and Chums live in their perfect world..........

but as Flosshilde says "Anyway, this is all irrelevant to the contiuing saga of the unravelling of your hero's empire in the UK."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
        I really don't know why FF allows it to continue. :erm:
        There have been, as I write, 4,631 different threads and 139,989 individual posts. I am an unpaid volunteer and have no wish to spend my entire life reading posts on this forum. If people draw my attention to posts which they believe break the House Rules, I will consider them.

As for Simon, I have made it clear that I disapprove of the 'running jokes' against him which continue even in his absence. Against that, those who live by the sword die by the sword. The forum runs in a relatively trouble-free way for weeks on end when Simon is absent. When he reappears he (in my view) openly and covertly courts controversy and persistently breaks the House Rules himself through his inabilty to disagree with people without jeering and belittling them (not very clever on his part when the moderator also feels included in his attacks).

There are those here who can vouch for the fact that I have done what I can to protect him from their 'jokes'. But if he persists in breaking the House Rules he must expect what he gets. When discussions get out of hand and off-topic they're dumped in the Basement.

To continue:
        Murdoch: Ouf! Is this meltdown?
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          There have been, as I write, 4,631 different threads and 139,989 individual posts. I am an unpaid volunteer and have no wish to spend my entire life reading posts on this forum. If people draw my attention to posts which they believe break the House Rules, I will consider them.

As for Simon, I have made it clear that I disapprove of the 'running jokes' against him which continue even in his absence. Against that, those who live by the sword die by the sword. The forum runs in a relatively trouble-free way for weeks on end when Simon is absent. When he reappears he (in my view) openly and covertly courts controversy and persistently breaks the House Rules himself through his inabilty to disagree with people without jeering and belittling them (not very clever on his part when the moderator also feels included in his attacks).

There are those here who can vouch for the fact that I have done what I can to protect him from their 'jokes'. But if he persists in breaking the House Rules he must expect what he gets. When discussions get out of hand and off-topic they're dumped in the Basement.

To continue:
          Murdoch: Ouf! Is this meltdown?
          Well said, french frank! :ok:

As one who 'copped it' from time to time, I believe that you manage a difficult balancing act extremely well :biggrin:

Comment

FF.... Anyone who has ever done Playground Duty will salute your even-handedness.
            Solomon himself could do no better.....

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Well said, french frank! :ok:

As one who 'copped it' from time to time, I believe that you manage a difficult balancing act extremely well :biggrin:
              indeed the only Lib Dem with integrity (IMV of course):bubbly:

Comment

havn't been following this since the petty name calling began - has nobody commented on http://www.afr.com/paytvpiracy and the several stories liked to it - would appear to be a well documented story of hacking on an industrial scale involving an Israeli company - at least one of the supposedly leaked emails would appear to mention a strange £2000 payment to some one in Surrey Police - if the Australian Financial Review is correct then Murdochs are in deep deep sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
                  havn't been following this since the petty name calling began - has nobody commented on http://www.afr.com/paytvpiracy and the several stories liked to it - would appear to be a well documented story of hacking on an industrial scale involving an Israeli company - at least one of the supposedly leaked emails would appear to mention a strange £2000 payment to some one in Surrey Police - if the Australian Financial Review is correct then Murdochs are in deep deep sh*t.
                  Many thanks for this, frances :yikes::ok:

Comment

frances_iom - :ok:

don't foget to check out the 'panorama' link upthread a page. ('panorama' covers the british end of the news corp pay tv/hacking scandal),

the australian review will take a couple of days to read i suspect, as it's very comprehensive, tracks right back to the 90s, when a hacker is found dead in the woods. it brings the story of news corp bang up to date, with tons of links for readers to follow. i am curious as to why the oz pm seems to be described as 'quiet' in response to the latest revelations.

Comment

the link's actually several pages away now, so here you are:

Fresh hacking allegations striking at the heart of News Corp's pay-TV empire are revealed.

(still watchable by the looks)

Comment

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                        ... i am curious as to why the oz pm seems to be described as 'quiet' in response to the latest revelations.
                        he's been 'Hoovered' ?

Comment

surely 'she's been 'Hoovered' ?

In fact, it was hard to see anyone from the government through the large dust cloud on the horizon when this story broke on Wednesday. (as laura tingley of the oz review writes of gillard's government response).

i suspect in view of the leveson inquiry, individuals and govts may still be very reluctant to openly criticise news corp. unsuprising, since the news corp key players seem keen on a vindictive form of 'competition' in order to try to maintain a monopoly, especially in view of new revelations. anyone mentioning just about anything, might just find it like reasoning with a rabid dog? instead, apparently uk/oz govts are 'sheltering' behind the collective weight, added security of an official inquiry ... (except theirs is called 'the finklestein inquiry' apparently).

Comment

sorry yes I'd forgotten she'd floored the previous incumbent - must admit what I read of oz gov's antics they don't impress me at all - nasty bunch of right wing creeps springs to mind but guess that's just pommy whining as luckily ours didn't quite make it tho their true colours are beginning to show thro the yellow camoflauge

Comment

mixing yellow and blue, the coalition certainly doesn't add up to 'green'....more a rich 'poo brown' accident. :laugh: that's quite a horrid photograph chosen of gillard, and i gather that laura tingley doesn't think she, or her govt's very popular. (they can't be (even) less popular than dave's crew though, surely)?

Comment

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
                                mixing yellow and blue, the coalition certainly doesn't add up to 'green'....more a rich 'poo brown' accident. :laugh: that's quite a horrid photograph chosen of gillard, and i gather that laura tingley doesn't think she, or her govt's very popular. (they can't be (even) less popular than dave's crew though, surely)?
                                Poo bare. Well, increasingly exposed for what it is/they are, at any rate.

Comment

Working...
                                X