Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like The Government (who they?) is rattled about forthcoming appearances by Andy Coulson & Rebekah Brooks at the Leveson Inquiry next week ...

Move could give David Cameron and other ministers chance to read statements from Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks. By Lisa O'Carroll

Get ready with those thick black redacting pens if they get what they want :sadface:

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Looks like The Government (who they?) is rattled about forthcoming appearances by Andy Coulson & Rebekah Brooks at the Leveson Inquiry next week ...

Move could give David Cameron and other ministers chance to read statements from Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks. By Lisa O'Carroll

Get ready with those thick black redacting pens if they get what they want :sadface:
      I hope Leveson tells them to get knotted, and there's a sporting chance he just might.

Comment

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
        I hope Leveson tells them to get knotted, and there's a sporting chance he just might.
        I suspect there will soon be new list of 'reliable' and pliable high court judges set up to avoid any such embarrassments in future in what was I think meant to be a long-grass non-event. Boy David has a lot of explaining to do tho I suspect Hunt is pretty close to corrupt (as is Gove) in his relationship to the Murdoch empire.

Comment

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
          After telling them to get knotted over Mr Hunt's shananigans I guess he might feel obliged to play ball this time but there again what has he got to lose by playing hardball?

I'm not a judge (never even been a character in Cluedo :whistle:) but I think HMG has a brass neck seeking this status when his Inquiry is meant to be independent - stick by your guns, Your Judgeship! :ok::biggrin:

Comment

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
            I suspect there will soon be new list of 'reliable' and pliable high court judges set up to avoid any such embarrassments in future in what was I think meant to be a long-grass non-event. Boy David has a lot of explaining to do tho I suspect Hunt is pretty close to corrupt (as is Gove) in his relationship to the Murdoch empire.
            They should have used the list that Tony Bliar used to pluck Lord Hutton from obscurity and to return him untouched :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
              Yes, that is exactly what I fear might very well happen.

Comment

Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation reports a jump in quarterly profits, boosted by its cable networks and its Hollywood film unit.

Not much sign of meltdown here- how nice to see a company being succesful in these difficult economic times. And this is the same company whose chairman was branded "unfit" by a bunch of self-serving MPs, most of whom couldn't run a car boot sale. Just shows what they know, doesn't it?

And I find it a little odd that this thread has been dormant today, despite the Leveson panto hearing that there was no conclusive evidence of Milly Dowler's voicemails being deliberately deleted.

Still, just comment on the bits that suit you, eh? :erm:
                Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                  there was no conclusive evidence of Milly Dowler's voicemails being deliberately deleted.
                  Indeed - but what does that fact (if indeed it still turns out many months later - while the inquiry is still in progress - to remain one) tell us? As best I understand it, lack of evidence - whilst it can interfere with both justice and the ability to access the truth - does not of itself tell anyone why the evidence appears not to be there in a case such as this where there is also no conclusive evidence that they weren't deliberately deleted. It would therefore appear that the selectivity of approach is yours, Mr Pee.

Some things can take a very long time to melt (down) and, since this inquiry might well outlast the present government (and, who knows, maybe the next one as well), the proof of the pudding will have to remain in the melting, however long that process might take.

Comment

Whether the messages were deleted illegally or automatically, the mobile phone was still 'hacked' illegally. The criminality of those involved has been clearly established, and they were effectively in Murdoch's pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      Whether the messages were deleted illegally or automatically, the mobile phone was still 'hacked' illegally. The criminality of those involved has been clearly established, and they were effectively in Murdoch's pay.
                      Indeed so. Odd, isn't it, how a handful of people seem nevertheless to have convinced themselves that this fact and other similar ones are of such little significance?

Comment

now now mr pee absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Gotcha!

Comment

Does anyone consider there to be a reasonable case for the merger of this thread with that on the Leveson inquiry?

Comment

i think they should both close or both stay open but not merge .....
                              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                                Does anyone consider there to be a reasonable case for the merger of this thread with that on the Leveson inquiry?
                                I'm keen to keep them separate because there are likely to be developments around the Murdochs in USA, Australia and in UK which are not part of Leveson's remit

Comment

Working...
                                X