Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    ........your constituents die by it? Is that what you mean?

It is only fair to point out that your accusation by no means applies to all politicians all of the time...
    not all politicians, not all the time. But its a dirty world, and you know what you are getting into.
    I know that my point isn't one of principle.

And yes, more often than not its the constituents who suffer.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Politicians spin , deceive, mislead all the time. All parties. If you live by the sword........
      Correct, team ... but we don't really want the upholders of the law doing the same, do we? ... hence the current investigation!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        As the circumstances will have changed, that seems a tad unreasonable.

I think you'd accept that, surely :erm:
        Why? What circumstances have changed other than it looks like he is being vindicated. After all, you called him 'scum'

Comment

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
          Correct, team ... but we don't really want the upholders of the law doing the same, do we? ... hence the current investigation!
          they do anyway, but no, we don't.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
            Why? What circumstances have changed other than it looks like he is being vindicated. After all, you called him 'scum'
            Oi! You're supposed to have me on ignore :laugh:

The entire story being turned on its head are not changed circumstances?!? :boggle: Even you must accept that, RM :whistle:

Comment

sometimes people ignore the ignore, Begin the Beguine, etc.

Comment

THIRTY officers working on this business
                Thirty police are working on the investigation into claims that an officer gave false evidence over the "plebgate" affair, Scotland Yard says.

UNBELIEVABLE

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  sometimes people ignore the ignore, Begin the Beguine, etc.
                  :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                    THIRTY officers working on this business
                    Thirty police are working on the investigation into claims that an officer gave false evidence over the "plebgate" affair, Scotland Yard says.

UNBELIEVABLE
                    perhaps we could be looking at 40 officers (plus admin) by new year? :holly: and god only knows how many column inches, online and off.

Comment

Surprising no-one's picked this up after the results of Mitchell's libel case - resoundingly lost. Cameron, of course, is anxious that we should 'move on', probably worried that his (ex) minister's genuine contempt for 'plebs' will bury the Labour (ex) shadow minister's whipped up by the media so-called contempt for 'white van man' .

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                        Surprising no-one's picked this up after the results of Mitchell's libel case - resoundingly lost. Cameron, of course, is anxious that we should 'move on', probably worried that his (ex) minister's genuine contempt for 'plebs' will bury the Labour (ex) shadow minister's whipped up by the media so-called contempt for 'white van man' .
                        This whole case was ridiculous from the outset. If only Mitchell had apologised for his minor bad tempered outburst the whole episode would have been forgotten months ago. Quite why the word 'pleb' is now seen as a lot worse than some other four-letter words is an even bigger mystery than the reason why this silly saga has been rumbling on for two years.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                          Quite why the word 'pleb' is now seen as a lot worse than some other four-letter words is an even bigger mystery than the reason why this silly saga has been rumbling on for two years.
                          No mystery - it's because it's not just rude, it's de haut en bas rude.

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
                            No mystery - it's because it's not just rude, it's de haut en bas rude.
                            We all get a bit short-tempered at times. It only needed an apology and the episode would have been forgotten before next day's papers came out. So yes, it is a mystery why this very silly saga has had such repercussions.
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Yes, we all get a bit short-tempered at times.

But most of us manage not to reveal quite so clearly that we regard the people we're sounding off at as our social inferiors.

Comment

It is not a mystery - Mr Mitchell decided to sue for libel and lost the judge finding he had used the words . Had he not vigorously and loudly denied he used the " politically toxic " word plebs it would have all been forgotten a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X