Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
    I don't want to know, as it's none of my business !
    That's the title of this thread, visualnickmos ... so please show some due respect to the poor OP at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
      That 'we' again - you really must give up your delusions of royalty.
      Unlike you not to be interested in such a riveting topic, Flosshilde... ?

Comment

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
        Yes, thats all very well, but is Tom still in love ..?

That's what we really want to know!
        I chose not to create a new thread to avoid the sighing and moaning attendant upon other such threads from you & our bovine friend.

If you're that interested scotty, why not visit his website?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          I chose not to create a new thread to avoid the sighing and moaning attendant upon other such threads from you & our bovine friend.

If you're that interested scotty, why not visit his website?
          But I assumed that at least your interest here was in Mr Daley's love life as this is your very own thread title, scotty.

As far as I know the American cleric you mention (or any other) hasn't any influence or control of any sort on Mr Daley's lifestyle choices.

So why bring this particular cleric (or any other) into Mr Daley's reported love life?

Comment

But I assumed that at least your interest here was in Mr Daley's love life as this is your very own thread title, scotty.

As far as I know the American cleric you mention (or any other) hasn't any influence or control of any sort on Mr Daley's lifestyle choices.

So why bring this particular cleric (or any other) into Mr Daley's reported love life?
            Tom Daley's decision to come out as gay was a wonderful moment for young lesbians and gay men all over the world. The way in which he did it was courageous and very much on his own terms. The general reaction to it was very positive and several other young sportspeople have come out subsequently. Good news stories all.

Cardinal Burke's nasty but ultimately silly gesture wiil, I hope, affect no-one too much and he'll be forgotten for the rather bitter gesture. It's a shame that he has been unable to follow Pope Francis' recent gestures towards the world's LGBTQ communities.

So my post was an exercise in the contrast between the present, the future and the past.

Comment

Well that may well be your own point of view and, of course, you are entirely entitled to it. There is no argument about that.

However you seem to be determined to deny others that right, in the name of 'democracy', which is illogical at the very least.

You (and others) appear blissfully unaware that some may find certain views just as unpalatable as you obviously find that of a Catholic cleric in the US.

It works (or should) both ways!

Comment

However you seem to be determined to deny others that right, in the name of 'democracy', which is illogical at the very least.
                I can't find anything to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  I can't find anything to that effect.
                  No, of course you can't, that goes without saying ... but maybe others find 'anything to that effect' swiftly finds them before they even bother to look!

Comment

What are you blethering on about, Tippy?

Comment

My question too.
                      There is also his tendency to never put forward any cohesive position; just yapping and biting at the legs of others contributions....

Comment

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                        My question too.
                        There is also his tendency to never put forward any cohesive position; just yapping and biting at the legs of others contributions....
                        On the contrary, I fear that is rather the tendency of others here and which your own post is itself an excellent example! Of course, I'm quite prepared to deflect some of the more personal stuff straight back to the source if I feel that way inclined. I am certainly no saint, visualnickmos, on that we can be in total agreement!

#231 explains my position perfectly clearly. I am very firmly on the side of freedom of speech and allowing people to speak without fear or favour. I also believe that if people join a club they should obey the rules. All clubs have rules. If there weren't rules there would be no clubs? If people don't like the rules the answer is simple. If they can't change the rules they should leave the club!

Which side are you on, then ... ? Are you against freedom of speech and do you believe that members of any club have a right to disobey the rules and expect to remain in the club?

These questions are terribly straightforward and therefore simply require equally straightforward answers!

Comment

I don't see anyone suggesting that "freedom of speech" should be restricted. I do see a cleric being spiteful towards people he is supposedly bound to extend pastoral care towards.

Comment

Hi Flossie, it's about that Christmas cake that you recently put in the oven ... how's it doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                              I don't see ... I do see ...
                              Sums it up perfectly!

Comment

On the contrary, I fear that is rather the tendency of others here and which your own post is itself an excellent example! Of course, I'm quite prepared to deflect some of the more personal stuff straight back to the source if I feel that way inclined. I am certainly no saint, visualnickmos, on that we can be in total agreement!

#231 explains my position perfectly clearly. I am very firmly on the side of freedom of speech and allowing people to speak without fear or favour. I also believe that if people join a club they should obey the rules. All clubs have rules. If there weren't rules there would be no clubs? If people don't like the rules the answer is simple. If they can't change the rules they should leave the club!

Which side are you on, then ... ? Are you against freedom of speech and do you believe that members of any club have a right to disobey the rules and expect to remain in the club?

These questions are terribly straightforward and therefore simply require equally straightforward answers!
                                The problem with the club called the Catholic Church is that it feels that its club rules should apply to everybody, whether they are members or not.

Freedom of speech should be accompanied by social responsibility, and that applies to cardinals as well as us lower mortals. The straightforward argument is that bigotry against all minorities should be opposed. I grant you that taking a stand against sheer stupidity is a difficult task, but it has to be done, even if some fools have a rather uncertain grip on what they believe or do not believe, as seems to be the case here.

Comment

Working...
                                X