No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jean View Post
    Let's not call them a teacher
    I'll be reporting you to Pedant's Paradise.

Comment

Do your worst!

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
        Only two brief retorts spring to what's left of my mind having tried to trawl through that but ended up only skim-reading some of it. The first is the time-dishonoured question "which is correct - eight and eight is fifteen or eight and eight arefifteen?". The second is the equally well-worn homily advising against the contemplation of marriage following a stint in prison - "never end a sentence with a proposition".

Anyway, to return to the topic, I remain surprised that, in the still prevailing post-austerity climate in which undue borrowing continues to be discouraged, Mr Gove still has any credible presence in government; "all mimsy were the borrowed Goves", as in...

Who nicked me coat?
        Last edited by ahinton; 02-06-15, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
          "all mimsy were the borrowed Goves",
          Best of the day

(I'll get my vorpal sword)

Comment

Gove makes a balls-up again (so no surprise there, then). After being moved from Education where it became obvious, even to Cameron, that he was a liability, & the Whips' office, where he proved completely ineffectual, he was given the chance to wear fancy dress as the Lord Chancellor & Justice minister (or secretary?). Where he promptly made a balls-up of the proposed abolition of the Human Rights Act, so that it's had to be postponed, if not cancelled.
            Last edited by Flosshilde; 29-05-15, 20:38.

Comment

I came back from Aberdeen today
              but sadly they don't want this sh*t for brains back

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                Gove makes a balls-up again (so no surprise there, then). After being moved from Education where it became obvious, even to Cameron, that he was a liability, & the Whips' office, where he proved completely ineffectual, he was given the chance to wear fancy dress as the Lord Chancellor & Justice minister (or secretary?). Where he promptly made a balls-up of the proposed abolition of the Human Rights Act, so that it's had to be postponed, if not cancelled.
                Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                I came back from Aberdeen today
                but sadly they don't want this sh*t for brains back
                Welcome back to our most erudite columns, the new Lord Chancellor & Justice Minister (or Secretary?)!

Comment

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
                  the new Lord Chancellor & Justice Minister (or Secretary?)!
                  You mean the new Lord Chancer and Secretary of State for Justice whch ought to keep him out of trouble given the lack of importance accorded to justice in UK these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                    Where he promptly made a balls-up of the proposed abolition of the Human Rights Act, so that it's had to be postponed, if not cancelled.
                    I haven't actually followed that "issue", but maybe David Cameron is cleverer than we all thought. One way of getting things "not done" is to make sure that the persons responsible are unable, but not obviously unwilling, to carry them out.

Comment

They really didn't think that one through, did they?

Lets see how these clowns get on with forcing housing associations to sell their properties..... I haven't heard anyone (apart from the idiots who suggested it) say that this is
                      a: a good idea
                      b: legal

Nice to see their "Legal Highs" bill will outlaw Coffee, Whisky and Perfume

as well as eating on the train

"For the purposes of this Act a person consumes a substance if the person causes or allows the substance, or fumes given off by the substance, to enter the person's body in any way."

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                        "For the purposes of this Act a person consumes a substance if the person causes or allows the substance, or fumes given off by the substance, to enter the person's body in any way."
                        I'll try to remember that next time I'm cycling up the Brixton Road behind a diesel fumes-emitting bus or lorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          I haven't actually followed that "issue", but maybe David Cameron is cleverer than we all thought. One way of getting things "not done" is to make sure that the persons responsible are unable, but not obviously unwilling, to carry them out.
                          In which case he would have put Gove in charge of the EU referendum? I haven't seen any indication that DC is really in favour of the Human Rights Act.

Comment

Working...
                          X