Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

Not sure about the failure to change a password - I'll investigate.
    I've just managed to change my password successfully. The new password has to be entered twice to make sure that you entered what you thought you'd entered, so it will pick up any minor slips - I've been caught out on numerous occasions on other sites by my finger trouble.

Comment

Even weirder!

In Forum view I appear as logged in (and seem to be able to post: we shall see) but if I switch to What's New I get bumped out and asked to login in (but even with Remember me that's unsuccessful).

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
        Just had difficulty signing in - the site wouldn't accept me. Turned to this thread, ticked Remember Me (never done that before...!) and that solved it.
        My password allowed me to log in at the 2nd attempt.

Comment

Apparently can never stay logged in on the What's New view, so I no longer see bold unread threads!
          But I'm clearly logged in and able to post.

Comment

Since sometime yesterday morning, the threads briefly show bold and then all go to pale "read" mode - even before I've started reading. Also, clicking on a thread brings up the posts in teeny font size. Both of these happening when I am logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
              Since sometime yesterday morning, the threads briefly show bold and then all go to pale "read" mode.
              Same here

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                ... clicking on a thread brings up the posts in teeny font size. Both of these happening when I am logged in.
                ... the same here. I thought I had pressed some button on my computer by mistake, but it only occurs on this Forum : I suppose I'm glad I'm not alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                  Even weirder!

In Forum view I appear as logged in (and seem to be able to post: we shall see) but if I switch to What's New I get bumped out and asked to login in (but even with Remember me that's unsuccessful).
                  That's started to happen with me since I changed my password. If you click on a thread or go back to the homepage, you will see that in fact you're still logged in.

We are due to carry out an upgrade soon, so I hope that might help. In the interim I'll clear the cache and see if that makes any difference.

Edit - clearing the cache hasn't resolved the problem.

Comment

I think I've resolved the problem.

I inadvertently changed something yesterday, which affected the cookies for the "What's New" page. I've restored the earlier setting so all should now be OK.

You might need to log out, clear your cookies and log back in, I'm afraid.

This might also resolve the small font issue.

Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.
                    Last edited by Andrew Slater; 10-04-24, 20:41.

Comment

I also had problems yesterday. In my case I got a rejection message saying 'local host refuses to connect'. I found a way round it by re-entering the Forum and logging back in with my usual password.
                      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

My password allowed me to log in at the 2nd attempt.
                        Myself as well. When I attempt to do a password reset I never get a response to clicking the link

Comment

I was able to log in and read posts, but there was no 'Quote' or 'Flag' bottom right, or 'Write Something' below the Previous 1, 2, etc....I thought I'd been prevented from posting. Leaving it for an hour or so and logging in again all was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            I also had problems yesterday. In my case I got a rejection message saying 'local host refuses to connect'. I found a way round it by re-entering the Forum and logging back in with my usual password.
                            That message was my doing, I'm afraid. You probably logged back in after I'd rectified my error.

Comment

Despite logging out and quitting safari (on my Mac), when I opened up again I was still logged in (username showing).
                              Perhaps some residual uncleared cookies?

Seems to be behaving ok otherwise now though on both iPad and Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
                                I think I've resolved the problem.

I inadvertently changed something yesterday, which affected the cookies for the "What's New" page. I've restored the earlier setting so all should now be OK.

You might need to log out, clear your cookies and log back in, I'm afraid.

This might also resolve the small font issue.

Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.
                                Yes, all good here now too. I haven't had time to be online today but yesterday evening the whole way the What's New page was behaving was weird - always bold (unread), even if I'd read new posts. No need at this end to do anything else though. (Cookies, passwords, etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X