Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anomalies

The forum is online today for testing. Please feel free to post and use the forum normally. However, please be aware that it is liable to go 'off' with little or no notice.

Our testing will be helped enormously if you could post details of any problems you encounter in this thread.

Many thanks.

[A BTW: I didn't remember that the topic titles on What's New? were blue yesterday. They don't have to be red., however, but they can be. Maybe some should be red, some white and some blue?] I'll try a custom smilie

Still wrestling with the PM system. Most of the old ones from the pre-move ers which were missing yesterday have now appeared. But I thought there would be some new ones from yesterday.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Hmm, as with the Concerts 2023 topics: I posted the above post but it doesn't appear in What's New? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Well, I was looking in the wrong place: it's under Latest Activity. So what is What'sNew?
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
        Hmm, as with the Concerts 2023 topics: I posted the above post but it doesn't appear in What's New? Am I looking in the wrong place?
        more importantly I posted about the Hangers in Round Ball Game and it hasn’t appeared

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post

more importantly I posted about the Hangers in Round Ball Game and it hasn’t appeared
          But it’s there in Platform 3 but a minor quibble it’s great to be back …….

Comment

But it’s there in Platform 3 but a minor quibble it’s great to be back …….
            To be specific hadn’t appeared in What’s New

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Well, I was looking in the wrong place: it's under Latest Activity. So what is What'sNew?
              I think 'What'sNew' is new to you; as something you've posted yourself isn't new to you, it isn't included (that's my current theory, anyway).

Anton - this will apply to yours as well - sorry, but I haven't worked out how to multi-quote yet!

Comment

It does when I look through the Big Admin (not french frank) view. I'm still hunting for Reply with Quote - which you used. Help
                --
                Administrators

Comment

To be specific hadn’t appeared in What’s New
                  Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

I think 'What'sNew' is new to you; as something you've posted yourself isn't new to you, it isn't included (that's my current theory, anyway).

Anton - this will apply to yours as well - sorry, but I haven't worked out how to multi-quote yet!
                  That's how to do it .... rather complicated:

1. Click on 'Quote' in the first post you want to quote. This opens up a reply box at the bottom of the page
                  2. Click on 'Quote' in all the other posts you want to quote: the 'Quote' labels should turn orange, but the text required to be quoted isn't included in the box at the bottom of the page (yet). To cancel a selection, just click on the 'Quote' label again: the orange highlighting should disappear.
                  3. Scroll to the top of the page and find the 'Post Reply (n)' button (top left) where 'n' is the number of highlighted quotes.
                  4. Click on 'Post Reply (n)' and all the quotes will now be included in the reply box at the bottom of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by FFAdminMKS View Post
                    It does when I look through the Big Admin (not french frank) view. I'm still hunting for Reply with Quote - which you used. Help
                    Bottom of post - closing quotes followed by 'Quote'.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

That's how to do it .... rather complicated:

1. Click on 'Quote' in the first post you want to quote. This opens up a reply box at the bottom of the page
                      2. Click on 'Quote' in all the other posts you want to quote: the 'Quote' labels should turn orange, but the text required to be quoted isn't included in the box at the bottom of the page (yet). To cancel a selection, just click on the 'Quote' label again: the orange highlighting should disappear.
                      3. Scroll to the top of the page and find the 'Post Reply (n)' button (top left) where 'n' is the number of highlighted quotes.
                      4. Click on 'Post Reply (n)' and all the quotes will now be included in the reply box at the bottom of the page.
                      Amazing Andrew thank you

Comment

Copied from the New board thread:

I note that while new topics appear with the most recent first, comments within threads are in the opposite order, with the most recent to be found at the bottom of the pile. Please could this be changed so that the most recent is at the top? Also, I note that I am not authorised (as yet?) to view who is online at any given moment. Hopefully, these are mere teething troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          Copied from the New board thread:

I note that while new topics appear with the most recent first, comments within threads are in the opposite order, with the most recent to be found at the bottom of the pile. Please could this be changed so that the most recent is at the top? Also, I note that I am not authorised (as yet?) to view who is online at any given moment. Hopefully, these are mere teething troubles.
                          What you have seen is the forum standard. To change it immediately, and individually for a given thread, click on the 'LATEST ACTIVITY' tab next to the 'POSTS' tab at the top of the thread.

You can select this mode permanently by selecting 'User Settings' by clicking on your user name at the top right of the screen, then selecting the 'USER ACCOUNT' tab and scrolling down to 'Conversation Detail Options', and under 'Display mode' selecting 'Latest Activity'.

Comment

Many thanks for the info and solution to the order question.

Comment

Will there be a 'New Posts' button as before? Great to see the board re-surfacing!

Comment

Working...
                              X