Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lordgeous View Post
    Will there be a 'New Posts' button as before? Great to see the board re-surfacing!
    Not sure what you mean - there's the 'What's New' button at the top on the red bar, next to 'Forums'. Also on the homepage there's a list of the latest posts towards the bottom of the sidebar.

Comment

There are "Latest Topics",and "tending" but neither seems close to up to date, so neither fulfils the "New Posts" criteria.

Comment

Many thanks to FF, Andrew and Mark for their Herculean efforts in resurrecting the forum. The Android phone experience is much easier to read and use than before, although I have yet to try the forum on my PC's Firefox browser.

Fingers crossed that a "New Posts" option is added (or made easier to find).

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          There are "Latest Topics",and "tending" but neither seems close to up to date, so neither fulfils the "New Posts" criteria.
          Agreed - they are standard blocks; I'm not yet sure how to alter / correct them. But having several people posting is testing it well, and should help our investigations! The 'What's New?' button does seem to work reasonably well, but doesn't appear to include your own posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitch View Post
            Fingers crossed that a "New Posts" option is added (or made easier to find).
            Does the 'What's New?' button on the red bar next to 'Forums' not give you what you're looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

Agreed - they are standard blocks; I'm not yet sure how to alter / correct them. But having several people posting is testing it well, and should help our investigations! The 'What's New?' button does seem to work reasonably well, but doesn't appear to include your own posts.
              I've done some digging.

The 'Latest Topics' appear to be the newest started threads, not the posts within them.

The 'Trending" list, according to a reply on the vBulletin support forum operates as follows:

With the default settings, Trending topics are those topics with new content in the last 4-96 hours. The more replies they received over the last 96 hours, the higher their weight. They are ordered by descending weights.

Comment

Hi!

First of all a huge thank-you to all concerned for all the work you have put your hearts, minds and souls into in getting the forum re-established.

I have just posted my first post in the Jazz thread, or whatever the term now should be. On checking I find it has not included the links I included, in this case being links to BBC programmes I referred to. I would be grateful if you could let me know if I can rectify this, and how?

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  Hi!

First of all a huge thank-you to all concerned for all the work you have put your hearts, minds and souls into in getting the forum re-established.

I have just posted my first post in the Jazz thread, or whatever the term now should be. On checking I find it has not included the links I included, in this case being links to BBC programmes I referred to. I would be grateful if you could let me know if I can rectify this, and how?
                  I can see 5 links to programmes - they are a bit different from those on the old forum, as they are contained in shaded boxes together with BBC programme thumbnail images (where available). I think the Freeness one is accidentally mis-linked to the BBC World Service news, but the others look OK. Are you sure you can't see them? I would suggest refreshing your browser.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewTest1 View Post

Does the 'What's New?' button on the red bar next to 'Forums' not give you what you're looking for?
                    I prefer the unambiguity of "New Posts". If "What's New" has the same functionality as the former "New Posts" did, I shan't quibble.

Comment

Thanks Andrew!

Comment

Posted some comments on prom threads and they dont show up on whats new.....
                        Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Originally posted by JasonPalmer View Post
                          Your own posts don't seem to show up on What's New - I can see them!

Comment

Things are looking quite stable, but for safety we'll be closing the forum for the evening at 11pm, opening again at about 9am tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonPalmer View Post
                              That's because once you've visited a thread it no longer appears in the What's New page - unlike the previous incarnation of this forum, where the thread would remain, just without the bold font. To be honest, I liked this aspect of the old forum, but it's only a minor quibble...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
                                Things are looking quite stable, but for safety we'll be closing the forum for the evening at 11pm, opening again at about 9am tomorrow.
                                Thanks Andrew, you're doing a cracking job.

Sleep well, little Forum. See you in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X