Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

If I view the post via "Forums", I at first get a question mark but if I try to edit, in the edit form it shows up as the chosen icon. Very strange.
    Yes, I've done some experimenting and noticed that they re-appear during editing. Will investigate further, but it might take some time. In the meantime, there is another group of smilies (the old ones) accessed via the smilie image next to the underscored 'A' in the bar above the entry box. This brings up a smilie menu below the entry box.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

Yes, I've done some experimenting and noticed that they re-appear during editing. Will investigate further, but it might take some time. In the meantime, there is another group of smilies (the old ones) accessed via the smilie image next to the underscored 'A' in the bar above the entry box. This brings up a smilie menu below the entry box.
      Thanks, Andrew.

Comment

Yes, I've had the (very minor) issue of a smilie coming out as a question mark. But it's good to know we can use the old smilies, thank you.

Comment

Oops: Posted on the bombshell site but should have posted here instead:

Is anyone experimenting with the site on an iPad?

There doesn't seem to be a 'Write something' box, and clicking on What's New sends you to Advanced Search.

Jason has replied saying that he has no problems but oddoneout has some similar behaviour to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
            Oops: Posted on the bombshell site but should have posted here instead:

Is anyone experimenting with the site on an iPad?

There doesn't seem to be a 'Write something' box, and clicking on What's New sends you to Advanced Search.

Jason has replied saying that he has no problems but oddoneout has some similar behaviour to mine.
            I've posted a reply on the other thread - I suspect you weren't logged in. It's on the snag list.

Comment

I've posted a reply on the other thread - I suspect you weren't logged in. It's on the snag list.
              You're right! Sorry: I should have thought of that.

Comment

Appropriately enough that I come across it on the Anomalies thread but there seems to be a problem with the page numbers not keeping up with the posts' chronology. Having been presented with page 1 I thought I'd try using the "Latest Posts" button rather than scrolling down to jump to the last page -I haven't found the forwarding at the tops of the pages worked last couple of times I tried, hence going for bottom of the page approach. It came up with the most recent posts, but didn't change the page number, and in fact is still showing 1 rather than 4.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                  Appropriately enough that I come across it on the Anomalies thread but there seems to be a problem with the page numbers not keeping up with the posts' chronology. Having been presented with page 1 I thought I'd try using the "Latest Posts" button rather than scrolling down to jump to the last page -I haven't found the forwarding at the tops of the pages worked last couple of times I tried, hence going for bottom of the page approach. It came up with the most recent posts, but didn't change the page number, and in fact is still showing 1 rather than 4.
                  When you say you used the "Latest Posts" button do you mean you used the "latest activity" button? If so, that causes the posts to be displayed with the latest at the top, so you will indeed find yourself at page 1. Confused? I certainly am.

Comment

A user reports not being able to see a Post Reply button on the Choral Evensong/Chichester thread (possibly on other threads too). The bar with Posts Latest Activity Photos is there but no blue Post Reply button underneath, to the far left of the Search box. I can't replicate that however I try to access the topic. Anyone else having a problem?
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

There is no reply button. You have to type in the box marked "Write something" or use the quote method.

Comment

There is no reply button. You have to type in the box marked "Write something" or use the quote method.
                        That sounds like an answer, although I have a Post Reply button.

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

User says there is no Write something box beneath the last post (Draco's second post on the Chichester CE thread). I have the box beneath and a Reply to Post button above it. Could it be a browser issue? He's using Windows Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            User says there is no Write something box beneath the last post (Draco's second post on the Chichester CE thread). I have the box beneath and a Reply to Post button above it. Could it be a browser issue? He's using Windows Edge.
                            That Post Reply button is right at the top of the page, so I'd missed it! Pressing it takes you to the "Write something..." box anyway.

It might be worth their trying another browser.

I've just messed my screen up by clicking on the cross above the posting box, and all the tools have disappeared, with no obvious way of getting them back.

Comment

The behaviour in the Write something on my iPad is a little odd (but nothing I can't get used to).
                              If (as here) I hit line break to start a new line, I don't get the default capital letter font to start the new sentence.
                              It must be something to do with how this box of text is thought of.

Comment

That Post Reply button is right at the top of the page, so I'd missed it! Pressing it takes you to the "Write something..." box anyway.

It might be worth their trying another browser.

I've just messed my screen up by clicking on the cross above the posting box, and all the tools have disappeared, with no obvious way of getting them back.
                                I'm not going to touch any little crosses! From his screen grab he doesn't seem to have the Edit Quote Flag links either.

Comment

Working...
                                X