Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outage

Sorry for the interruption to service. There was a failure at FutureQuest which meant everything was down everywhere on their sites/domains. Hope this is all now secured.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

I read that as "Outrage"! (Well; I was a bit cross, but ... )
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Sorry for the interruption to service. There was a failure at FutureQuest which meant everything was down everywhere on their sites/domains. Hope this is all now secured.
      All's well, and with no time for withdrawal symptoms to take hold. Strange that r3ok chose the same time to fall over for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        I read that as "Outrage"! (Well; I was a bit cross, but ... )

At least they sorted it pretty quickly, but it was all quite a mess. Even the link that was supposed to give the latest status was going to a staff blog with his photographs on it.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

It looks as if people were also mailing to the default link to the 'administrators' which was given on the error page. Unfortunately, this just went through Mark's for3.org email address, which was down with everything else - I had notification of 328 error messages this morning - so no doubt Mark will also have them when he gets up in California (I don't think there were 328 people trying to make contact, but the system kept trying to deliver the same ones.

Fingers crossed, all should be well now.

Facebook posts should have been fine. Unfortunately, as it was fairly late and I'd received no notification of the post because … blah blah, I went to bed without checking Facebook

Comment

It looks as if people were also mailing to the default link to the 'administrators' which was given on the error page. Unfortunately, this just went through Mark's for3.org email address, which was down with everything else - I had notification of 328 error messages this morning - so no doubt Mark will also have them when he gets up in California (I don't think there were 328 people trying to make contact, but the system kept trying to deliver the same ones.

Fingers crossed, all should be well now.

Facebook posts should have been fine. Unfortunately, as it was fairly late and I'd received no notification of the post because … blah blah, I went to bed without checking Facebook
            Posted on PhraseBook ....”There seems to be a problem with the forum; any news?”

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              Posted on PhraseBook ....”There seems to be a problem with the forum; any news?”
              I noted that one - but not until this morning when I received the Facebook email.

Comment

Yep, I tried Admin as well and was given a Mailer-Daemon shut out.
                Thx to all for speedy restoration.
                Last edited by DracoM; 14-11-18, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                  Yep, I tried Admin as well and was given a Mailer-Daemon shut out.
                  Thx to all for speedy restoration.
                  I think this was a major event which affected the entire domain and which attracted multiple notifications to FutureQuest, our web hosting service. In the circumstances, they probably worked very hard to locate the source of the error.

Comment

I had just installed an OS update on my laptop then tried to look at the forum and got the "database error" message so I assumed it was something to do with the software update!

Comment

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
                      I had just installed an OS update on my laptop then tried to look at the forum and got the "database error" message so I assumed it was something to do with the software update!
                      Bad luck! Hope everything is working normally now. I have three for3 email addresses and they weren't working straight away. Everything back to normal this morning, though.

Comment

Bad luck! Hope everything is working normally now. I have three for3 email addresses and they weren't working straight away. Everything back to normal this morning, though.
                        Yes, thanks, it was working fine yesterday morning.

Comment

Isn’t ‘outage’ another of those ‘orrible 21st century words? Is it followed by an ‘inage’ after it has been sorted?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            Isn’t ‘outage’ another of those ‘orrible 21st century words? Is it followed by an ‘inage’ after it has been sorted?
                            Quite!
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Would you prefer 'downtime', the opposite of which is 'uptime'?

OED: 'orig. and chiefly U.S. A period or state in which an apparatus or system (esp. an electrical one) is not operating; power failure; a power cut.'

1900 Elyria (Ohio) Republican 21 June 1/3 By resolution the night police were instructed to report on outages of electric lights.

So not 21st century :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X