Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
    I've no idea how to incorporate a quote from a different thread though, apart from with some judicious cutting and pasting.
    Another issue to the general "Reply with Quote" instructions: I don't know a way other than to open a tab with the other thread, use "Reply with Quote" and copy and paste the quoted bit into the first thread, not omitting the user identifier code. The quote will still link to the correct thread.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Another issue to the general "Reply with Quote" instructions: I don't know a way other than to open a tab with the other thread, use "Reply with Quote" and copy and paste the quoted bit into the first thread, not omitting the user identifier code. The quote will still link to the correct thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
        Is it possible to reduce the size of the image in any reply?
        I replied to a message about the new Stravinsky Violin concerto release recently and wanted to preserve the image so the message made sense, but it was huge!
        Just spotted this thread so apologies for late reply. Here's one relatively painless way to reduce the size of an image in a post.

• Ctrl-click on the image (or right click if on Windows) and save it to your local laptop or computer.
        • In your browser, launch https://imageresizer.com/ -- a free online utility which does what it says on the tin.
        • Drag the image from your laptop into the image resizer window. Once it's loaded the image will appear in another window which displays the image plus a pane for resize settings displaying the original dimensions of the image in pixels.
        • Before changing any settings you'll probably want to tick the box labelled "lock aspect ratio" so that this is preserved in your resized image.
        • You can then reduce the image by typing in different numbers into the "width" or "height" boxes or reduce it by a percentage of choice.
        • Once this is done to your satisfaction you have the option to export the resized image in a number of formats including that of the original.
        Last edited by Maclintick; 15-03-23, 21:58.

Comment

Working...
        X