Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Simplemachines was, of course, used for the defunct R3OK message board. It might serve as an interim (if needed).
    I recognised it - and if someone could set up a forum ASAP it would allow discussions to continue while we sort out how to preserve the (FoR3) forum content it would be a great help. Any offers?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

As per others above:
      Would really miss the forum and like to see it continue

Do not favour any interaction with FB

Happy to contribute

Sorry, no particular technical expertise or advice

OG

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
        As per others above:

Happy to contribute

OG
        ....OG....Facebook page (link on OP)....just for info....please make sure 'someone' you trust has an email or link via PM....ANYWAY while this forum exists you can click on it to Fb without signing up....failing that you can save the link to use....The Fb site is a kind of doctors waiting room....
        bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
          As per others above:

Happy to contribute

OG
          Seconded on all points.
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post
            Happy to make a financial contribution if needed. The Future Quest message makes for sorry reading - I can only imagine how much their costs have shot up recently. Good to hear that Facebook has been rejected as a forum as I rather despise them and would not appreciate the push adverts from every record / streaming company on earth.
            Unfortunately I’m not on other fora so can’t make any recommendations.
            Same here. Let us know how to contribute. Do we need to set up a Go Fund Me?
            I posted in the fb site but is it set up as a group? If so is it possible to send a request to join?

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
              Same here. Let us know how to contribute. Do we need to set up a Go Fund Me?
              I posted in the fb site but is it set up as a group? If so is it possible to send a request to join?
              Richard

No, the FB page is just a placeholder page in case the forum disappears unexpectedly. Bookmark the url. I hope that even when FQ has closed down, we shall have preserved the content of the forum ready to be resurrected when we've made proper arrangements to transfer it to a new server. We have hopes that this can be done. At worst we could set up a new forum and direct forumites to it. But the Facebook page will keep up with news of progress - it's not intended that anyone will interact with it. As a public page anyone will be able to view it for news or links to the new forum.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Here's hoping you find a new server.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                  Here's hoping you find a new server.
                  Indeed so - and wishing best of luck to our wonderful keepers!

Comment

I hope, too, it's possible to find a new host for the forum. I would much rather it be on a forum such as this than on Facebook which has its limitations and, as others have pointed out, is plagued by advertising now. I would also be willing to contribute financially if needed.

Thank you to our administrators for keeping the forum going and good luck in your efforts to find a new home for it.

Comment

Fingers crossed for finding a new host
                      Best regards,
                      Jonathan

Comment

Just to be clear: we don't know exactly when FQ will close down. They ask people to take whatever action they need to "well before" the 14th. It could be by the end of this coming week. The Facebook page is only a noticeboard for once the forum has disappeared as the chances are we shan't have got the new site up and running. So just bookmark the Facebook page so that we can update with details of where to find the new forum. I'll try to put up a less overpowering cover page . Beethoven is now our avatar.

It would be lovely to be able to post a message that the new forum is now open, looking just like this one. The worst scenario is that we won't have managed it, but will try to set up a cheapo/freeo forum somewhere and post details about that instead.

Comment

PS i know very little about this stuff but GoDaddy host my own firm’s website. It doesn’t have a messageboard just a limited number of relatively static pages but it’s an efficient service and costs not very much per annum, so might be worth checking out. I can also put you in touch with the person who built my site and who owes me a favour. Please DM if of interest. I don’t post much on here about music, but it is by far the most civilised and well-informed site i know of its ilk.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
                            PS i know very little about this stuff but GoDaddy host my own firm’s website. It doesn’t have a messageboard just a limited number of relatively static pages but it’s an efficient service and costs not very much per annum, so might be worth checking out. I can also put you in touch with the person who built my site and who owes me a favour. Please DM if of interest. I don’t post much on here about music, but it is by far the most civilised and well-informed site i know of its ilk.
                            Thanks muzzer. I don't do the technology side of things and Andrew may be a bit busy at the moment. I think we are looking to move the entire existing forum to a new server - it's a massive job (so I understand) so that may not be possible.

[PS I've changed the FB cover photo to the gallery of the Budapest opera house also on the FoR3 website]

Comment

I’m not sure I want to join a new forum. It’s been great speaking to you guys over many years now.

Best wishes to all.

Alison

Comment

Please - NO link with FB!!

Comment

Working...
                                X