Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked that my email address is up to date - it is - and noticed that to change it you need your Forum password. (Perhaps that's the same as the one I use to log on each time, but I'm not sure.)

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
      I checked that my email address is up to date - it is - and noticed that to change it you need your Forum password. (Perhaps that's the same as the one I use to log on each time, but I'm not sure.)
      Yes, just one password.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Rather short notice but I will be taking the forum offline for half an hour or so from 2215 today to do the backup, i.e. in about 10 minutes.

Comment

Backup complete - it took rather longer than expected, I'm afraid, but it's now done.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
            Backup complete - it took rather longer than expected, I'm afraid, but it's now done.
            Good news, Andrew. Now I can go to bed ⬅︎ thank you!
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Well done Andrew - and thanks.

Comment

Thanks to all those behind the scenes who are working hard to keep the Forum afloat! It's much appreciated.
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

....Oh Well Done....and much thanks and admiration....
                  bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    Thanks to all those behind the scenes who are working hard to keep the Forum afloat! It's much appreciated.
                    Seconded!

Comment

May I add my thanks to everyone working so hard to preserve this community. Happy to contribute financially.

Comment

Sorry, I've only just seen this thread. It's been a bit of a roller coaster week...my lymphoma has come back with a vengeance after two years. Thankfully the wonderful French health service has acted quickly again and are offering me a very positive and hopeful solution.
                        So more time in hospital soon, but will continue following the Forum with my usual enthusiasm and hope that a viable alternative can be found for us all. I'd like to contribute, too, if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                          Sorry, I've only just seen this thread. It's been a bit of a roller coaster week...my lymphoma has come back with a vengeance after two years. Thankfully the wonderful French health service has acted quickly again and are offering me a very positive and hopeful solution.
                          So more time in hospital soon, but will continue following the Forum with my usual enthusiasm and hope that a viable alternative can be found for us all. I'd like to contribute, too, if necessary.
                          Very best wishes for a swift recovery MickyD. Very glad to hear that you are being well looked after.

Comment

The latest appears to be that there may be short disruptions this evening and tomorrow, but I would advise reserving your most monumental utterances until we can confirm a new stable hosting situation. Andrew will keep us informed (and me corrected ) but it seems that Wednesday will be the day we have to close for a longer period while the move is made. After that it will not be a case of 'joining a new forum', it will be continuing with this one. I think Mark said there is a possibility that you might have to log in again. I will be able to help out if there are problems with that - as usual!

The last resort will be the the pinboard. My best analogy regarding Facebook: like reading the notice pinned on the door rather than knocking and going in

And I've just seen: all very best wishes to MickyD for a swift recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Belgrove View Post
                              May I add my thanks to everyone working so hard to preserve this community. Happy to contribute financially.
                              My sentiments exactly. Huge thanks, FF, Andrew & others.

Comment

Is there going to be a backup of any of the latest posts, before the switch over? If not, then it may not be worth too much interaction in the next few days - though depending on how backups etc. are done, it may all go very seamlessly with hardly any loss of posts, or even 100% success.

Good luck with it all and thanks for the efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X