Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone experimenting with the site on an iPad?

There doesn't seem to be a 'Write something' box, and clicking on What's New sends you to Advanced Search.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

There doesn't seem to be a 'Write something' box, and clicking on What's New sends you to Advanced Search.
      Works fine on my ipad.
      Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Is there a particular reason for messages from the Jazz Bored not appearing in the What's New section?

Comment

Not using an iPad, but if I'm not logged in then "Write something" doesn't come up(same as old forum in terms of being able to reply) and also the "What's New" doesn't give results - just the form to complete as you found. Same with the Latest Posts - wanting advanced search and human interface or somesuch. Annoyingly that option only appears on the non-logged in page layout. However something seems to have been fixed in that now I'm logged in the "What's New" has delivered results, although "Latest Posts" option is still absent. That might get fixed in due course?
          Still just very glad to have the forum back in some form even if there are glitches - some of which will be more to do with me being unfamiliar with or not liking some things rather than inherent faults I should add. In many cases I'm not good with change these days I find, either in terms of accepting it in the first place or being able to get the hang.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Is there a particular reason for messages from the Jazz Bored not appearing in the What's New section?
            It's probably because you posted it yourself. For some reason vBulletin think that people don't want to see their own posts in the What's New section. We'll have to see if anything can be done about it, but I'm not optimistic, I'm afraid.

Comment

As oddoneout implies below, I suspect you weren't logged in.

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

Not using an iPad, but if I'm not logged in then "Write something" doesn't come up(same as old forum in terms of being able to reply) and also the "What's New" doesn't give results - just the form to complete as you found. Same with the Latest Posts - wanting advanced search and human interface or somesuch. Annoyingly that option only appears on the non-logged in page layout. However something seems to have been fixed in that now I'm logged in the "What's New" has delivered results, although "Latest Posts" option is still absent. That might get fixed in due course?
              Still just very glad to have the forum back in some form even if there are glitches - some of which will be more to do with me being unfamiliar with or not liking some things rather than inherent faults I should add. In many cases I'm not good with change these days I find, either in terms of accepting it in the first place or being able to get the hang.
              The advanced search coming up if you're not logged in is a nuisance and it's on the list of snags

Comment

Are you sure you're logged in? I get that Advanced Search page when I'm NOT logged in and click on What's New? (which you tend to do if you want to see What's New ). That doesn't seem to be something we want to happen.

french frank's hybrid view seems to have been sorted - for as long as it lasts!
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                  Thanks to all concerned for getting us up and running again. Very impressed.
                  So am I, and hugely appreciative of all the hard work of FF, Andrew, Mark and others in transferring the forum to the new site -- not that I have a clue as to the technological wizardry deployed !

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Are you sure you're logged in? I get that Advanced Search page when I'm NOT logged in and click on What's New? (which you tend to do if you want to see What's New ). That doesn't seem to be something we want to happen.

french frank's hybrid view seems to have been sorted - for as long as it lasts!
                    Indeed: I'd logged in on my Mac but hadn't on the iPad (thought I had previously but might have logged out or been logged out by dismissing Safari when another site didn't close properly and the wheel just kept on turning!).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

It's probably because you posted it yourself. For some reason vBulletin think that people don't want to see their own posts in the What's New section. We'll have to see if anything can be done about it, but I'm not optimistic, I'm afraid.
                      Not to worry - I can always find them on their respective threads.

Comment

A better thread than the one I've just posted on to offer my congratulations too.
                        I certainly agree with a comment from Bryn that I saw saying that he hoped it would be possible to reverse the display order to have most recent at the top.
                        I'm sure we'll all get used to the new style/layout pretty quickly.
                        Seconded!
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

vBulletin forum had this advice:

1. Select the Latest Activity tab when viewing a topic.

2. Go to your User Settings page and click on Account. Scroll down and set the Display Mode to "Latest Activity" instead of Post. Save your settings.

Perhaps someone could try that?

Seems to have worked for me!
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

It has definitely worked for me also.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                              vBulletin forum had this advice:

1. Select the Latest Activity tab when viewing a topic.

2. Go to your User Settings page and click on Account. Scroll down and set the Display Mode to "Latest Activity" instead of Post. Save your settings.

Perhaps someone could try that?

Seems to have worked for me!
                              Yes, that works.

Comment

Thank you french frank, Mark and Andrew for all your hard work in transferring the forum to the new server.

I mostly lurk these days but it would have been a great pity if the forum ceased to exist.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X