Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest from Andrew is for this forum to close tonight at 6pm. No estimate on how long the closure will last.
    (I won't add: "We may be some time" as that has unfortunate associations.)

Updates will be here:

News of Radio 3 forum. 19 likes · 21 talking about this. News about the FoR3 Radio 3 forum A link to the new forum will be posted here
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

What you will almost certainly find is that there will be a whole lot of stuff we don't need and what we do want will be missing. Bit by bit we can correct things. (Possibly overnight - not sure whether the forum will need to be closed while these (minor) tweaks are made.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello.
          I'm 'minding the shop' up to 'closedown' at 11.30pm.
          It's rather encouraging that members have discovered our first live testing session without any prompting!

Comment

Hey, just found this to my surprise and delight. Go, boys!

kb

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
              Hello.
              It's rather encouraging that members have discovered our first live testing session without any prompting!
              Very many thanks for all the hard work you, Mark and FF have put into this. It's greatly appreciated!
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
                Hello.
                Great to have the FoR3 forum back. Well done Andrew - you, Mark & Sarah deserve medals.

Comment

Thanks to all concerned for getting us up and running again. Very impressed.

Comment

Sincere thanks to Andrew, Mark and ff for all you’ve done to keep the forum going. It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Really tremendous time and effort to get this new running entity....Amazeballs....so many many thanks to you....
                      bong ching

Comment

Fine work, indeed. I guess a few touches here and there can be made as we settle in. How's the spam bot blocking going? I recall such bots being a real problem on the old R3OK forum as it headed towards oblivion.

Comment

Great to be back. So far like the clean new lines...

...many thanks to all the team for finding and enabling a solution to the Future Quest closedown.

OG

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            Fine work, indeed. I guess a few touches here and there can be made as we settle in. How's the spam bot blocking going? I recall such bots being a real problem on the old R3OK forum as it headed towards oblivion.
                            Meant to answer this yesterday. We currently have 2,817 guests online. Strongly suspect that many are not R3 listeners. We need to confirm with Mark what this is doing to our bandwidth. So far no actual spammers have gained acces and had to be ejected.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Meant to answer this yesterday. We currently have 2,817 guests online. Strongly suspect that many are not R3 listeners. We need to confirm with Mark what this is doing to our bandwidth. So far no actual spammers have gained acces and had to be ejected.
                              Thanks, frenchie.

Comment

A better thread than the one I've just posted on to offer my congratulations too.
                                I certainly agree with a comment from Bryn that I saw saying that he hoped it would be possible to reverse the display order to have most recent at the top.
                                I'm sure we'll all get used to the new style/layout pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X