No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
    T
    ...and Liszt cannot be far off either (both thanks to Hyperion).
    Hi Roehre,
    Nice to see a familiar face here too!
    Anyway, there is a vast amount of unrecorded and unpublished Liszt - there are dozens of sacred choral works, 4 hand piano music, 2 piano works and other things which haven't seen the light of day for years. I don't think there will ever be a complete set although the piano music is done (bar the jealously guarded manuscripts held by unknown individuals), Hyperion are doing the songs now and they have 1 CD of orchestral works which includes the Trois Odes funebre which I think hadn't been recorded until now. Hopefully, it will turn into a complete orchestral works set unlike the Chandos which stopped with several works to go (despite my lobbying them).
    Best regards,
    Jonathan

Comment

I'll be moving the two threads in this forum over to Announcements in a few days, and closing the MOZART - THE POLL forum.

It's useful to open a new forum each time for subjects which are topical and which I want specially to draw people's attention to. When the subject ceases to be topical the threads are moved to Announcements and the dedicated forum closed. It now seems to be drifting off on to topics which can be discussed in the main forums.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
      X