No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TarandeepKang View Post
    Hi,

Surprisingly enough, yes, there are certain types of music, composers and pieces that I just have instantly fallen in love with! It started for me with solo piano, I love the sonatas of Chopin, Beethoven Bach, Liszt. I also really really love the Brandenburg concertos and Bach’s sonatas for violin (Isabelle Faust!). In a completely different vein, Spiegel im Spiegel, and Spem in Alium (even as an avowed atheist the latter of these is just heartbreakingly beautiful! :-) Good friend just introduced me to Stabat Mater, too!

Symphonically, I love the works of Mahler (number seven especially) and Beethoven (hard to choose a favourite!) Last of all, a particular modern piece by Max Richter, but I can’t remember the name just now (don’t laugh!) “Daylight…?” I know it’s been overused in film, but it makes me cry every time I hear it, in a way Clair de lune, also does!

Haven’t seen much opera yet, but I really love der Rosenkavalier, and the evening R3 performance this weekend is also apparently a brilliant one!?
    That’s a pretty great set of starting blocks!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
    X