No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Not quite so relaxing but definitely of interest to at least some here:

I saw that appear on my home youtube page the other day. Started watching the section on Richard but soon realised it was basically taken from his book. I don't watch these kinds of video, although I used to watch ones about playing jazz guitar. What's your opinion, Bryn?

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post

I saw that appear on my home youtube page the other day. Started watching the section on Richard but soon realised it was basically taken from his book. I don't watch these kinds of video, although I used to watch ones about playing jazz guitar. What's your opinion, Bryn?
      I have yet to view it. It turned up on FB this evening and I thought it might be of interest to some here.

Comment

I have yet to view it. It turned up on FB this evening and I thought it might be of interest to some here.
        The guy's voice reminds me of David Graeber. I feel sympathetic already.

Comment

My guess is that all those figures will want to disassociate themselves from the New Complexity label!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            My guess is that all those figures will want to disassociate themselves from the New Complexity label!
            Just as the likes of Glass, Reich and Adams reject the label minimalism, eh?

Comment

Anyway, how about this somewhat surreal illustrated commentary on Messiaen's Quartet for the End of Time:

Comment

Just as the likes of Glass, Reich and Adams reject the label minimalism, eh?
                I don't know - I wouldn't have thought there was any parallel there.

Comment

Working...
                X