Prom 64: Friday 2nd September at 10.00 p.m. 'Audience Choice'...? Hmm.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobertLeDiable View Post
    I must say I find it depressing that there's quite a lot of this kneejerk cynicism about what was a brilliantly executed and extremely enjoyable late night event.
    If you find it depressing, I suggest you read the thread again. Hardly anything that could possibly be described as 'knee-jerk cynicism', and the one quote you give clearly ends with a 'winkeye' emoticon indicating: Do not take seriously.

On the whole, judging from this thread, it seems to have gone down quite well. So that should cheer you up
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I caught this repeat last night more or less by chance and as a result of hearing a trail (must check the kitchen cupboards and see if I have some humble pie in stock ). I enjoyed it hugely, as many prommers and boarders seem to have at the time.

Somehow I missed this week's Prom repeats, but as they're all on iPlayer I'll try and catch some of them before they're gone. Thought I'd resurrect this thread as others may have missed them too, and like a reminder.
      Last edited by kernelbogey; 07-01-12, 09:55. Reason: Forgot to mention that I'm talking about the repeat!

Comment

I listened to this witty and enjoyable concert today on Listen Again. Great Fun! I didn't catch it first time around. Earlier on in the week I also caught up with the prom of Freischutz performed in Berlioz's edition which again I had missed over the Summer. I fully understand why it got rave reviews. Surely Radio 3 has a wealth of Proms recordings over the years that can be repeated at little or no cost? Some kind of retrospective about an artist, conductor or orchestra - would make brilliant programmes - perhaps hosted by for example messrs Swain, Cowan, Johnson, McGregor? Or am I being naive or dreadfully elitist? ;-)

Anyway I hope that another piece that I missed in the Summer - Birtwistle's Violin Concerto - can be repeated soon. In the words of Corporal Jones -"Don't Panic!" !!

Best Wishes - and Happy New Year everyone.

Tevot

Comment

Working...
        X