Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much. I think it'll be a bit tough for a year or so sharing the most of a 675 pcm rent plus 400 pcm travel costs on on a take home net wage of 1500-1550 pcm, but can probably manage a few concerts and maybe meet some fellow MB's at them or at this year's Proms! The CD purchases might have to be cut down to a bare minimum though.

Comment

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
      Thanks very much. I think it'll be a bit tough for a year or so sharing the most of a 675 pcm rent plus 400 pcm travel costs on on a take home net wage of 1500-1550 pcm, but can probably manage a few concerts and maybe meet some fellow MB's at them or at this year's Proms! The CD purchases might have to be cut down to a bare minimum though.
      All power to your elbow SC, you'll be fine!!

Give the Proms a good hiding and do what I do; stick a nice bottle of red from sainsbury's in your backpack along with a cheese and pickle sandwich and you have the makings of a wonderful evening!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
        All power to your elbow SC, you'll be fine!!

Give the Proms a good hiding and do what I do; stick a nice bottle of red from sainsbury's in your backpack along with a cheese and pickle sandwich and you have the makings of a wonderful evening!!
        Well done on the job SC. Hope it works out really well.

your version of the proms sounds great Beefy.

I made the mistake of turning up at the RAH hungry a few years back when I took one of the kids to see Franz Ferdinand/kaiser chiefs/Graham Coxon/Magic Numbers. (decent line up, was a teenage cancer charity gig).
        Bought a sandwich for about £300 and bag of crisps for a modest remortgage.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          I made the mistake of turning up at the RAH hungry a few years back when I took one of the kids to see Franz Ferdinand/kaiser chiefs/Graham Coxon/Magic Numbers. (decent line up, was a teenage cancer charity gig).
          For those on a budget (and who isn't nowadays?) I find that the outlet of Treats in South Ken tube station has enough to stave off the hunger pangs for a very modest outlay. Whatever you do don't eat or drink in the RAH unless you have a deep pocket. Total rip off eg interval ice cream tub at £3 a pop.
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
            For those on a budget (and who isn't nowadays?) I find that the outlet of Treats in South Ken tube station has enough to stave off the hunger pangs for a very modest outlay. Whatever you do don't eat or drink in the RAH unless you have a deep pocket. Total rip off eg interval ice cream tub at £3 a pop.
            And that's for the venereal ice cream!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              And that's for the venereal ice cream!
              I don't really get a) why people are so willing to be ripped off and b) why they want ice cream in the interval anyway. I'm sure it's behind the rash of coughing you can get in the second half. Sticks in the throat somewhat.

Comment

I'd say much the same to Flay as to Simon B. The fact that you are clearly on this forum at the same time as the RAH website is not what I would be doing. Stay on the website, never move from it, be patient and concentrate on what you are doing. It has worked for me on this awful laptop for three seasons now so must be doing it right!

Thanks for the kindly advice, Petrushka. The penny dropped, I stopped pratting round on this MB, and I waited Very patiently. I finally got my tickets at 2.20, but not the ones I wanted
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Well done on the job SC. Hope it works out really well.

your version of the proms sounds great Beefy.

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post

Thanks for the kindly advice, Petrushka. The penny dropped, I stopped pratting round on this MB, and I waited Very patiently. I finally got my tickets at 2.20, but not the ones I wanted
                    Hard not to come across as patronising in writing, Flay, so hope it didn't. If you could see the laptop I use you would be surprised I even manage to log on at all.

Glad you got your tickets but the thought did cross my mind earlier that if you are on the same computer on both this forum and the RAH site then some element of back spacing or refreshing might have caused the Proms site to opt out. Boring as it is that's why I never have another programme going at the same time.

Comment

Glad you got your tickets but the thought did cross my mind earlier that if you are on the same computer on both this forum and the RAH site then some element of back spacing or refreshing might have caused the Proms site to opt out. Boring as it is that's why I never have another programme going at the same time.
                      It did not occur to me that there would be a risk in visiting other sites while waiting for RAH to get its waiting room organised. I did all sort of other things and just kept popping back to see that I still had thousands ahead of me. Perhaps I was lucky not to have problems, but at least I wasn't bored.

Comment

or don't eat.
                        Great news though.

Comment

The CD purchases might have to be cut down to a bare minimum though.
                          What - 40 - 50 a month??!!

But on a less flippant note, may I add my own congratulations on the new job to everyone else's, suffy: hope you really enjoy it!
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

After all that queueing a few Saturdays back, it's nice to see the actual tickets, which arrived in the post this morning.

Comment

I got mine on Wednesday, I have to admit it was a surprisingly smooth process, far easier than I feared. Perhaps it was beginners luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X