Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound is very fragile
    the smallest puff of wind will send the most massive 120db audio off course in the opposite direction
    but it was wonderful to hear Macca being turned off mid wail

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      In that case, I would like to sign up as a small-minded person who doesn't like loud noise in the centre of ... Leeds
      Now, I know you had misgivings about Opera North's Valkyrie, Alpie, but this is going a little too far, don't you think?!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        Sound is very fragile
        the smallest puff of wind will send the most massive 120db audio
        maybe reading http://www.sengpielaudio.com/TableOf...sureLevels.htm woukld help - especially the thresholds above which permanent damage to hearing occurs

Comment

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
          maybe reading http://www.sengpielaudio.com/TableOf...sureLevels.htm woukld help - especially the thresholds above which permanent damage to hearing occurs
          Indeed i'm more than aware of this
          and know several orchestral musicians who have hearing loss due to acoustic levels
          though (if you believe some folk in here !) it's all a load of nanny state EU nonsense and we should get rid of limits all together

in my experience there is much greater awareness of the dangers of high level sound amongst those who work and play in amplified environments compared to acoustic musicians ............ sit in front of a trumpet section in most orchestras (without screens or plugs) and you are easily exposed to seriously high levels of sound.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            Now, I know you had misgivings about Opera North's Valkyrie, Alpie, but this is going a little too far, don't you think?!

That was such a good evening

Comment

Working...
            X