Michael Cox or The Principal Flute of The BBCSO and his beard!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Fanny Mendelssohn
    Decorum precludes any descent into adolescent hilarity. In saying that, and if what you state is true, she must be a candidate for pioneer of "The Brazilian"?

And, thanks for reminding me of the barking Ms Hambling and her falsie on that tv show with George Melly, the name of which eludes me presently. She smoked cigars as well, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
      Decorum precludes any descent into adolescent hilarity. In saying that, and if what you state is true, she must be a candidate for pioneer of "The Brazilian"?

And, thanks for reminding me of the barking Ms Hambling and her falsie on that tv show with George Melly, the name of which eludes me presently. She smoked cigars as well, no?
      I've met Maggie Hambling at dinner a couple of times and she is a total delight - although on one of these occasions she was wearing a badge that said"Look Out! - Here Comes Trouble!"

The TV show in question was called Gallery

Comment

I feel something of an intruder into this bourgeois gentilhomme's divertissement, but, as one who still attempts to maintain a certain raddled glamour I have one, (rather pathetic) contribution - I still use the curvy white Braun ladyshave I bought in Switzerland in 1982. (Er, Vorsprung durch technik, etc.)

Is this a record?

(PS - no Brazilians please - I'm an animal lover).

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
          I feel something of an intruder into this bourgeois gentilhomme's divertissement, but, as one who still attempts to maintain a certain raddled glamour I have one, (rather pathetic) contribution - I still use the curvy white Braun ladyshave I bought in Switzerland in 1982. (Er, Vorsprung durch technik, etc.)

Is this a record?

(PS - no Brazilians please - I'm an animal lover).
          To Jayne and ams...

Bourgeois? Moi? I am so undeserving of such an epithet. Yet, thanks! The word around these parts is "ignernt", meaning "without grace or sophistication" - bog-stupid - unimaginative.

Sums me up!

As an erstwhile farmer, Jayne, take "animal lover" as read.

Perhaps by "Brazilian", I meant "Californian"...?

I'll get what's left of my (non-fur) coat

Comment

Working...
          X