Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    Of these mooted prospects, only the first and last could be justified on the grounds of their having currency, the rest having long since bitten the dust (apart from re-runs of some) - but what would go in a Pobol y Cwm Prom, apart from the possibility that it might be an excuse to present the music of those distinguished west Welsh composers William Mathias, Karl Jenkins, Gareth Walters and our own member Richard Barrett in a single programme? As to a The Archers Prom, I shudder to imagine what anyone would put into that (apart from the obvious irritating Pompously Circumstantial march that's served as its sig tune since time immemorial); I just hope that, if ever it became a reality, it wouldn't drag on interminably for 63 years...
    I have actually (I don't know if I should admit to this) conducted the complete suite My Native Heath by Arthur Wood, of which the last movement - Barwick Green - is the theme music to The Archers. Very ordinary stuff, and of its day, but in general the orchestra enjoyed it. I don't know whether I should have admitted to the last bit, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      When I saw the OP, I thought it was serious, and wasn't at all surprised.
      Glad I wasn't the only one. And all these years I thought it was Rambling Sid Rumphole.

Comment

Brilliant, Calibs!

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        (inc guest bogle-fiddlin' from Nige wearing Vivienne Westwood faux-shopping-bag-tied-with-string footwear):
        I shudder to think of it.

Will Nige be looking like this by then? https://www.dropbox.com/s/htkjiceh8pg79yv/Nige.jpg
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
          But there would have to be a Pobol y Cwm Prom, wouldn't there - to be politically correct?
          If there was some Welsh Eisteddfodd stuff in national dress, I'd pobolycwm.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            If there was some Welsh Eisteddfodd stuff in national dress, I'd pobolycwm.
            So much for me being accued of punderous ponning! (I think that you should at least consider serially apologising for that)...

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
              What an absolutely brilliant idea.....can I also rec' a Ed Rearden Prom ....bona Mary bona
              I agree it's a brilliant idea, but sadly it wasn't mine. See Pabmusic's #9.

Comment

Working...
              X