X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boilk View Post
    Thanks Andrew.

Some constructive feedback... if you switched from the Times New Roman font to Arial Narrow (especially for performer information) you'd probably get 4 columns per page meaning it would all fit on 4½ pages instead of 6!

With your permission, I could fit it onto just 4 pages for even faster reference!
    Yes, OK - if you can produce it, send me a PM to arrange transfer and I'll post it on Mediafire as an extra option. All I did was copy the text from the blog and fit it into the usual two weekly schedule formats.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
      Yes, OK - if you can produce it, send me a PM to arrange transfer and I'll post it on Mediafire as an extra option. All I did was copy the text from the blog and fit it into the usual two weekly schedule formats.
      Only just seen your message ... I'll work on it this evening, initially copying and pasting from your 6pt PDF into a new Word doc.

Comment

Boilk's 4-pager is now in the Mediafire directory. (Puts my efforts to shame!)

Comment

Many thanks for the listings pdf - will be invaluable to me in preparing for the season ahead.

Comment

Boilk's 4-pager is now in the Mediafire directory. (Puts my efforts to shame!)
            How does one access that?

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
              How does one access that?
              Home page.....proms 2014 on left hand side.......printable version......first item on the list. Prints small but usable.

Some idiot has scribbled ticks and crosses all over mine........
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                Home page.....proms 2014 on left hand side.......printable version......first item on the list. Prints small but usable.

Some idiot has scribbled ticks and crosses all over mine........
                Cheers teamsaint

Well, so long as one of those crosses isn't next to Mahler 3

Comment

I've produced a single page listing in the form of a blog here.

Printable versions (3-column, 6pt and 2-column 8-pt) are here.
                  Finding this one-page blog layout a godsend in planning visits Thought it was worth a bump!

The BBC's site (as many have said) is utterly hopeless unless you know specifically what date you want irrespective of the programme.

I have just picked up a pair of tickets for the Birtwhistle/Ravel Left Hand/Mahler 5 prom in my precise seating area preference, front stalls at the side nearish to the orchestra - perfect!
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    Birtwhistle

Whistle and I'll come to you, my lad!

Comment

Whooooooooooops

I beg Sir Harrison Birtwistle's (and your) pardon
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        Finding this one-page blog layout a godsend in planning visits Thought it was worth a bump!

The BBC's site (as many have said) is utterly hopeless unless you know specifically what date you want irrespective of the programme.

I have just picked up a pair of tickets for the Birtwhistle/Ravel Left Hand/Mahler 5 prom in my precise seating area preference, front stalls at the side nearish to the orchestra - perfect!
                        Oh, so it was YOU who nabbed them........

Oh well, terraces will do for me. Does look a tempting evening.

And yes,the one page listing is how it ought to be done. Invaluable.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

I've updated the blog and the printables (to Issue 3) to align with the changes flagged by bluestateprommer.

Comment

Working...
                          X