Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pureimagination View Post
    I always prefer side stalls row 3 seats 1,2,3!!
    Since no one spotted my little in house (hall) joke can anyone enlighten me as to why side stalls seats 1,2 and 3 in row 3 are kept empty?

Comment

Originally posted by pureimagination View Post
      Since no one spotted my little in house (hall) joke can anyone enlighten me as to why side stalls seats 1,2 and 3 in row 3 are kept empty?
      Perhaps because they are owned on leases and the leaseholders choose not to return their tickets for resale? It would be worth checking whether they are kept empty at an exclusive let (and no, I don't have access to a list of which Proms those are, though I believe the Glyndebourne Prom may be one).

Comment

In 1871, to raise extra funds for the completion of the building, private individuals were invited to purchase 999 years leases on some of the seats in the Hall. Under a Royal Charter stating the basis on which the Hall operates, most events are classified as Ordinary Lets and the Members are entitled to occupy their seats. However, in some cases an event may be classified as an Exclusive Let and the Members are therefore excluded from their seats. Such classifications are granted on a limited basis dependent on the nature of the event. On such occasions the privately owned seats are also available to the promoter for sale to the public.

from the RAH website.

Comment

Working...
        X